Can anybody comment further on TPMS change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsdata

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 BigHorn 1500 8spd 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read this on an RV forum... would like to know how to find my keyfob PIN and have other comments if you have had this done...

Over on the Ram/cummins forums, they have figured out that the latest Autel type vehicle diagnostic tools can change the factory settings to get rid of the TPMS light. You will need your trucks 4 digit pin from the dealer (key fob pin). Dealer scan tool has been locked out of changing the thresholds, so you will have to go to an independent shop with your PIN to get the settings changed.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is more info here with updated process on newer trucks here:

http://www.ramforum.com/f158/hd_tire_pressure_monitoring_system_reset-70913/

I'm curious if your technician can't get to your BCM even though it's a 2014 which should be accessible with the current tool. The new process information in the link above where you need the PIN numbers and have to access it BCM with a different set of tools the dealers don't have should only apply to 2015 and newer trucks.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is more info here with updated process on newer trucks here:

http://www.ramforum.com/f158/hd_tire_pressure_monitoring_system_reset-70913/

I'm curious if your technician can't get to your BCM even though it's a 2014 which should be accessible with the current tool. The new process information in the link above where you need the PIN numbers and have to access it BCM with a different set of tools the dealers don't have should only apply to 2015 and newer trucks.
I have a 2014 and was told it can't be done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk