Can't play iOS songs after UConnect update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LameNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 ram 1500 with the RA1 radio (UConnect 3.0)

Today I updated from V02.07.09.00 to V05.05.12.02

Now my radio no longer plays songs from my iOS device..
I called the UConnect support line, and they wanted me to soft reset it... but then told me that my radio did not have the correct buttons to push to preform a soft reset..

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen/experienced this issue and if there's a solution..

Is there a way I can downgrade my radio maybe?

If I can't find a solution, I have a service booked for monday.

OP
OP
LameNobody

LameNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wanted to follow up for anyone like me who used the search function for this issue before making a post..

Had my appointment at dodge today, They determined the unit is defective...
Which is strange, since it worked 100% until I updated it a couple of days ago.
So, they ordered me a new radio.

I also wanted to note that both AUX input and USB input don't work.... I thought i would at least be able to fall back on the AUX input...But I was disappointed.

But strangely enough, it would still recognize a USB stick with the update software on it...

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wanted to follow up for anyone like me who used the search function for this issue before making a post..

Had my appointment at dodge today, They determined the unit is defective...
Which is strange, since it worked 100% until I updated it a couple of days ago.
So, they ordered me a new radio.

I also wanted to note that both AUX input and USB input don't work.... I thought i would at least be able to fall back on the AUX input...But I was disappointed.

But strangely enough, it would still recognize a USB stick with the update software on it...

I had been having issues with my iPhone 5S and my fiances iPhone 6S not working correctly with the USB on my RA1 3.0 out of my 2014. I took it to the dealer and they told me my radio is not a uconnect and will not work with iPhones.... Even though my iPod had been working flawlessly. So while there they did an update on it. When I got my truck back, NOTHING worked anymore. I walked back in and had both service guys and their manager come out and see for themselves. They were completely amazed this happened and suggested I run my truck for a day or two to see if it would come back in time - if not, then they said they are replacing the radio under warranty. So far, its still all screwed up. I'm going to see what the price difference between the RA1 and the RA2 is and I might upgrade to that by paying the difference in price.

OP
OP
LameNobody

LameNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had been having issues with my iPhone 5S and my fiances iPhone 6S not working correctly with the USB on my RA1 3.0 out of my 2014. I took it to the dealer and they told me my radio is not a uconnect and will not work with iPhones.... Even though my iPod had been working flawlessly. So while there they did an update on it. When I got my truck back, NOTHING worked anymore. I walked back in and had both service guys and their manager come out and see for themselves. They were completely amazed this happened and suggested I run my truck for a day or two to see if it would come back in time - if not, then they said they are replacing the radio under warranty. So far, its still all screwed up. I'm going to see what the price difference between the RA1 and the RA2 is and I might upgrade to that by paying the difference in price.

That's pretty strange, I've had no issues in the past year with both of the iPhone's I've had.. (An iPhone 5 on iOS 8, and an iPhone 6 on iOS 9)
The audio controls on the face of the radio worked flawlessly, and the library integration too.. My only wish is that i had the steering wheel audio controls (which I'll hopefully be adding within the year).

Honestly, if you don't see yourself needing any of the extra features of the 5.0, It might just be worth getting the warranty replacement..
But it's complete ******** that they told you that your radio isn't uconnect... as all the radios offered on the 2014's are...

I get my radio replaced tomorrow morning, They said it takes an hour to do..

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's pretty strange, I've had no issues in the past year with both of the iPhone's I've had.. (An iPhone 5 on iOS 8, and an iPhone 6 on iOS 9)
The audio controls on the face of the radio worked flawlessly, and the library integration too.. My only wish is that i had the steering wheel audio controls (which I'll hopefully be adding within the year).

Honestly, if you don't see yourself needing any of the extra features of the 5.0, It might just be worth getting the warranty replacement..
But it's complete ******** that they told you that your radio isn't uconnect... as all the radios offered on the 2014's are...

I get my radio replaced tomorrow morning, They said it takes an hour to do..

I called the dealer on my lunch break. They are working on finding a replacement. They were unsure if I will be able to upgrade to the 5.0 (although I know it is plug and play minus a few small features). I like the slightly bigger touchscreen and it is back up camera ready if I ever get around to adding the tailgate handle camera.

The more I thought about things, the more I started wondering if they flashed my radio with the wrong update. They had a hard time determining what radio was in my truck. They kept saying that it is a RA1 1.0. I never heard of that. Just RA1 3.0, RA2 5.0, RA3, RA4.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

If you need assistance after visiting your dealer to have your radio replaced, please let me know. For UConnect information please visit Uconnect® Access for Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT , Jeep & Ram. Thanks! – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

FlynDutchman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the RA4 NA I believe it is called and I also have a iPhone 6. I have intermittent issues with the phone connecting to the radio (when operating through the usb). I spoke with the dealer about this with no resolve. I also tried different things and have determined it to be a Apple issue not a Ram issue. If I connect the phone through the USB it is a 25% chance the radio will show no connection. I tried a new usb cable and update, same issue. What fixes the problem is turning my phone off completely and having it restart, problem fixed. At least until it does it again and then I restart the phone. Apple definitely has its issues, but I still like it better than the other phones.

I can not control my cell phone from the radio when it is in blue tooth mode either. I can only raise/lower the volume and advance to the next song. What gives with this radio?

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the RA4 NA I believe it is called and I also have a iPhone 6. I have intermittent issues with the phone connecting to the radio (when operating through the usb). I spoke with the dealer about this with no resolve. I also tried different things and have determined it to be a Apple issue not a Ram issue. If I connect the phone through the USB it is a 25% chance the radio will show no connection. I tried a new usb cable and update, same issue. What fixes the problem is turning my phone off completely and having it restart, problem fixed. At least until it does it again and then I restart the phone. Apple definitely has its issues, but I still like it better than the other phones.

I can not control my cell phone from the radio when it is in blue tooth mode either. I can only raise/lower the volume and advance to the next song. What gives with this radio?

Hmmmm once my truck gets fixed I will try restarting the phone to see if it makes a difference. I had asked the dealer to look into getting the RA2 5.0 for me to upgrade from my RA1. After a week of not hearing back, I called them. The parts department informed me that even though my truck is still under warranty and the RA1 will be free, the upgrade to the RA2 will be $1,000! I laughed at him and told him just order in my existing RA1 - I'll replace it with the RA2 myself.