Can't reset my uconnect 8.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a used 2014 ram 1500 slt with a 8.4 radio with navigation. No assist button on rearview mirror so I can't great a uconnect account according to uconnect support.

Reset procedures don't work, since I do not have the hot and cold buttons in the slt trim package.

Also tried the reset procedures for the 5.0 radio, also did not work.

My navigation goes whacky after about your of use and clock loses 30 minutes a day...

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix.

My first and last ram purchase ever!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You have a non-standard setup that was improperly hacked together by a previous owner. You're missing components and you don't know what the history of that radio is.

I can't fathom how you think this reflects negatively on the brand or why you expected them to support it, but whatever.

My suggestion would be to either install the radio that should be in your truck, install the necessary components for your current radio to work properly, or return the truck to the seller and make them fix it.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just go to the uconnect website, enter your vin and check for software updates.... really nothing to get all worked up about. What is the software version currently on the radio???

Uconnect link: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

As far as reset, try holding the mute and tune buttons down at the same time....

*** never mind didn't realize the radio isn't the factory one that came with the truck. ***

Last edited:
OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just go to the uconnect website, enter your vin and check for software updates.... really nothing to get all worked up about. What is the software version currently on the radio???

Uconnect link: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

As far as reset, try holding the mute and tune buttons down at the same time....

*** never mind didn't realize the radio isn't the factory one that came with the truck. ***
I do not know what version how can you tell! I put my vin in uconnect it say up to date

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not know what version how can you tell! I put my vin in uconnect it say up to date

If the radio didn't come from the truck factory then you need the vin from whatever vehicle it came from.... check to see if it's written on the back of the radio.

Go into "settings" then "system info" to find the software version info.

Last edited:

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes ^^ this.. please post a picture of your settings page as well as a picture of the bezel around your radio. As for unconnect, If the radio didn't come from the truck, even if you had the button, you won't be able to get uconnect online services. I'm curious if you have an 8.4 radio threw into a standard RA1/2 bezel or if you have the infotainment bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes ^^ this.. please post a picture of your settings page as well as a picture of the bezel around your radio. As for unconnect, If the radio didn't come from the truck, even if you had the button, you won't be able to get uconnect online services. I'm curious if you have an 8.4 radio threw into a standard RA1/2 bezel or if you have the infotainment bezel.

Here is picture4ceff012e74ffb86558bae7f9d3f6ebd.jpg

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That is the infotainment kit that gives a correct bezel with a volume button for those that do not want to do a full conversion. You may be able to contact them for support. @infotainment.com @[email protected]

https://www.infotainment.com/collec...0-3500-gps-navigation-8-4an-ra4-radio-upgrade

You could also finish the upgrade by buying a single zone bezel, HVAC module, and conversion harness. Total cost would be less than $500. However I doubt it would fix the navigation issues that you are experiencing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the help. But clock not keeping time and maps goes off course whjile navigating i don't think completing upgrade would solve those issues. They are uconnect issues at least clock is and nav maybe antenna issue

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Do you have the GPS antenna on top of the truck? Radios pull the time from the satellites. Also do you have an overhead console?

OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you antenna but not the shark fin it's a flat mound type. Nav keeps losing vacation

OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the GPS antenna on top of the truck? Radios pull the time from the satellites. Also do you have an overhead console?

No overhead console

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
No overhead console

So you don't have the compass module also. Does not sound like you got an SLT. Sounds like a Tradesman or Express.

OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
O have consume but only has lights and rear window button

OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yes GPS antenna on roof and console with lights and rear window button
Window sticker indicates vehicle was equipped with 5.0 system originally

OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I figured out my navigation system problems, I only have a satellite radio antenna, not the shark fin style which I'm told is for navigation systems. So I'm thinking if I change the antenna, at least my navigation will track and and not go crazy and off course. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I figured out my navigation system problems, I only have a satellite radio antenna, not the shark fin style which I'm told is for navigation systems. So I'm thinking if I change the antenna, at least my navigation will track and and not go crazy and off course. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I don't think so, if I remember right the only thing different between the 2 antennas is the shark one is the one you need for the 911 button in the rear view mirror. Both of them will receive gps signal needed for navigation.

OP
OP
whitewhale27

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh bummer

darkmike91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Uconnect??

I have a 2014 1500 that did not come with factory uconnect. I just purchased an ra3. Is there a way to purchase a uconnect module or something of the sort so my truck can support uconnect. Any info will be greatly appreciated