CarPlay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey has anyone successfully done a CarPlay in their truck? It kinda sucks that rams don't come with the 8.4 uconnect but in chystler, dodge and jeep they have them. Not sure if it's an easy swap or impossible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Hey has anyone successfully done a CarPlay in their truck? It kinda sucks that rams don't come with the 8.4 uconnect but in chystler, dodge and jeep they have them. Not sure if it's an easy swap or impossible?

The only FCA vehicles that have the UAQ/UAS radios are 2017 charger, challengers and 300s. 2017 ram/ jeep still use Harmon as the manufacturer. The UAQ/UAS is made by Panasonic and I've tested one in my truck, it's almost compatible but there are still some bugs. There is also no UAQ with the mounting bracket the ram uses, unlike the Harmon units the mounting bracket is cast into the shell of the radio vs removable.

OP
OP
Fanta1500

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So ram owners are going to be w/o it until an update or they start putting in different units...damn

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
So ram owners are going to be w/o it until an update or they start putting in different units...damn

When the 5th gen comes out they will be using CarPlay radios. Iirc it's 2018-19