CB Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikey0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello All! I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman and I would like to re install my CB. Has anyone installed one and if so where did you mount it. I am looking for ideas. I had one mounted on the floor of my 05 but found out the hard way there was a cable harness running through and I split one of the wires. Costly mistake. I then mounted it on the ceiling in my 08 but it had a flat ceiling. My 13 has the huge garage door console and the roof is not flat like the 08. Just looking for some ideas thanks guys. And if your asking, the radio is a Cobra 29 LTD WX Classic.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I haven't installed my CB in my new truck yet, but from the looks of it I would say that the ideal spot for me would be under the center console. I have that plastic pull-out drawer (if you can call it that) that sits under the volume and temperature controls etc. I think if you popped that off the CB would fit very nicely right in that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
M

mikey0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was thinking the same spot, but not sure I have the room to the floor without it sticking out to far. Glad someone on here still has a squawk box!!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was thinking the same spot, but not sure I have the room to the floor without it sticking out to far. Glad someone on here still has a squawk box!!

Yea I've looked around the cab and I think that's gotta be the best spot for it. Unless you want to try to shove in down in between the seat and middle console or something. But I personally prefer an install that has the CB set permanently somewhere. Plus if you put it in that spot under the center console I think it would look really good too. But that's a good point that it may stick out too far. I noticed too that that spot is a little shallow. Especially because I have a Cobra unit that's pretty big. I'd say go for it though, even if it sticks out it'll still be functional and in a great spot with easy access!

And yea me too! I don't ever see any CB antennas anymore on anything other than the occasional redneck truck and 18 wheeler. I love the thing, great for getting out of traffic jams and also a good source of entertainment on long drives!

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I think I might go roof mount in the center thing. I found one small enough with a decent power output.

Barracuda556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 07 but mines mounted under the steering wheel. It's a good spot for me and I still have lots of leg room.

tmigala

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one also but the antenna location is my quandary. Where are you guys putting your antennas?

Gunner Actual

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I'm trying to figure out a way to hide an antenna too. Saw one that folded down that might be handy

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I mounted my CB against the map pocket to the right of the drivers seat, part of the center console but you don't need to drill into anything too serious and it does not bother me while driving

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That sounds like a good spot rwalk.

I was thinking of putting the antenna right at the top of the bed on the drivers side. I don't feel the need to hide it. And that way it would stick up above the cab so the signal would be better. That's how I've seen most trucks run the antennas.

Medic18d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one also but the antenna location is my quandary. Where are you guys putting your antennas?
Tool box , and for the radio I made a console on the floor for cb and
2 meter ham also holds two external speakers inside for
A louder bassier tone

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
yeah I can't see myself hacking up my dash to install it there. I know you can get a new plastic piece

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ditto...I could never bring myself to cutting up my dash for a CB install and I am into CBs even have a base in the house.I mounted mine on the side of the console by my right leg.I run an old school cobra 148 gtl with digital echo built in and a palomar 2 pill 300 watt kicker under the seat.For an ant i use a Wilson 1000 mag mount in the center of the roof.

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
I think I might put it in the roof. Make something work around that area above the rear view mirror. or something like that I am think I am going to try and get that small cobra radio

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think I seen a bracket somewhere that will mount an ant using the 3rd brake light screws so you don't have to drill anything but can't find it right now.

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
I think I seen a bracket somewhere that will mount an ant using the 3rd brake light screws so you don't have to drill anything but can't find it right now.

wow didn't think those screws would hold an ant down due to wind and flex while driving

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
Mounted mine right here on the console, antennas mounted on the bed

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417313353476.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417313353476.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 134
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417313445251.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417313445251.jpg