CB install anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikes64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
i did one. if you have any questions i might be able to help you out. read the link thats posted above, should get you in the right direction

Gear Jammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I think I'm going to go with a Stryker SR-89mc in my truck. That way I don't have to find a spot to mount a big radio, just a big mic.

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I went with the Uniden Bearcat 880. Bonus is you can change colors of the display... the light blue almost matches the dash lights. (However, I am in the process of switching out everything to red).

Went with all Firestik components for the install. 4' antenna mounted in the truck bed with a Firestik vertical mount bolted to the bed. FYI, an 18' cable just barely made it routing from that location on the dash, through the firewall, and out to the bed (mega cab), so if you have anything smaller (cab wise), you should be ok on length. Surprising how short an 18' cable is once you start routing it, heh. Oh, and I custom built the switch housing it's mounted on.

All in all, fairly easy install. Just don't forget to tune it. I used a cheap Astatic SWR meter off ebay and it tuned in awesome using the adjusting tip on my antenna.

For what it's worth, total cost was about $170 for everything.

1494275624877_zpsg5mkntbc.jpg

Mikes64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
thats what i am using also, bearcat 880. and your right about 18' of wire, not much when you route it around and through everything.

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I went with the Uniden Bearcat 880. Bonus is you can change colors of the display... the light blue almost matches the dash lights. (However, I am in the process of switching out everything to red).

Went with all Firestik components for the install. 4' antenna mounted in the truck bed with a Firestik vertical mount bolted to the bed. FYI, an 18' cable just barely made it routing from that location on the dash, through the firewall, and out to the bed (mega cab), so if you have anything smaller (cab wise), you should be ok on length. Surprising how short an 18' cable is once you start routing it, heh. Oh, and I custom built the switch housing it's mounted on.

All in all, fairly easy install. Just don't forget to tune it. I used a cheap Astatic SWR meter off ebay and it tuned in awesome using the adjusting tip on my antenna.

For what it's worth, total cost was about $170 for everything.

1494275624877_zpsg5mkntbc.jpg

Got any pictures of just the mount ? I want to get my radio in soon and that's a good spot and already has power outlet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Road King, looks like a nice little fab job for the gauge install to the right of the HVAC controls. Great idea for that useless little space.