Center Console 12v Power Point Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am sure this is a really lame question to ask. Hoping someone can give me a quick, clean answer and minimal grief...

While filling a tire with a 12v Cigarette Lighter Plug wheezy weak assed tiny portable compressor out in the sticks, the fuse popped and now the port is dead. I was using the Keyed Acc 12v Power Port in the Top Center Armrest.

Granted, I am half blind, lazy, crippled, confused and not all that bright, :baby:

BUT WHERE THE HELL IS THIS FUSE LOCATED?

I read, re-read and checked almost every fuse in the under-hood Fuse Box. None are burned, loose or dirty and I cannot de-code the under-lid diagram any further to tell me which 'port' is the culprit.

I am sure one of you Electric Guru's can tell me without blinking an eye.

Thanks! :favorites13:

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I thought that was the one I had narrowed it down to, but it looked fine.

Let me confirm that, or perhaps just pop another little fuse in there in case I am suffering a One in a Million invisible bad fuse issue.

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got It! And Learned Something New as Well.

This is interesting;

Slot 91/92 is a double-wide port.

It takes the same, smaller sized fuse, but when placed in the 91 spot (towards the front of the truck) it powers up the center console port, but it is activated only when the ACC/IGN Key is turned on.

When you place the same fuse in the 92 (rearward) port, the 12v Acc Outlet is "Hot" all the time. Key on, off or otherwise.

Interesting.

But that was it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, where I could make a little more sense of this.

:favorites13:

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
**One more quick bit of info, for those like me who did not know**

There are no "Spare" fuses in the underhood Fuse Box. Any positions or ports that can, or should hold spares are simply left empty from the factory.

To get things all up and running 'out in the sticks' , the only extra fuse [20A] that I could find was in the "Power Adjustable Pedals" slot.

Since my Power Wagon is not equipped with this feature, the fuse could be removed and used elsewhere without any ill effects.

If your truck has Power Pedals, you may not want to use this quick fix. However, if the pedals are set to your liking, and you are in need of some other, more important function and need to power it up to get you out of the brush, back on the road home, or even over to the local parts store, I imagine you could pull that same plug and just go without the ability to further adjust those pedals until you source another fuse and set everything back to where it was originally.

A pen an paper or taking down notes in your iPhone to conveniently remind you which fuse, of which size, goes in which port - or which port you had 'borrowed' a fuse from is a very smart move. Especially in the dark, wet, or when you are tired and frustrated.

It is easy to become confused once you start 're-arranging' things, and the under lid schematic is a bit small and hard to read and map out.

Or better yet, spend a few bucks and a few minutes now, and purchase one of those little multi-grade spare fuse kits the next time you are at your favorite parts outlet. Especially if you tow, run odd items with heavy loads off your stock system, like to play in water, or have done some 'tinkering' with your electrics. Better to have the parts in your glove box for years and never need them, than to be stuck without that one silly little critical fuse. You never know when it might be needed.

:)

Last edited:

BillyNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to chime in folks, but my 2010 Ram 1500 doesn't have a M91/92 fuse. I do have a switchable fuse M49 which is for the rear passenger outlet. My center console outlet hasn't worked since I ran my DC vacuum with it. Any clues?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel