Cig Lighter Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfrazier1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, so this may seem like a dumb question but I figure if I don't ask, I going to stay as dumb as I am right now.

I have a 2017 RAM 1500 with center console. How do I remove the cig. lighter? I pulled off the small panel on the driver's side of the console but all that let me do was see the back of the lighter. It's more like a viewing window. No way I am getting by hand in that hole (not going to happen). I also pulled off the larger panels at the front lower left and right portion of the console. Still no way to access it from there. I did mess around with removing some of the rubber inserts in the console to see if there were some screws that I could remove to gain access. I found a couple of screws toward the front but there are more hidden somewhere because that didn't work either. Do I have to remove the entire center console to get to it? Seems like a lot of work. Hopefully someone has an easier way for this.

Thx.