Completely silence UConnect 8.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One feature I hate about my truck. It's determined to force you to listen to something. I typically only listen to songs I've loaded on a USB drive. So first I tried the mute button in the volume knob. Works until I restart the engine. Then comes blaring out again. So I chose Aux, knowing nothing is plugged in. Similar story. Restart and it sees no Aux device, so it switches to radio. I've searched through all the options and didn't see anything to address this. I just want it to stay silent until I want to hear something. Even after a restart. Is this possible?

Thanks!

wink

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
i just turn the volume down before i get out of the truck...

or just plug an aux cord into the aux port, that will make it think something is there but no sound will come out.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah the volume is what I'm doing now, but don't always remember. It would be the same with a plug in the Aux. I was hoping there was an option I hadn't found yet that I don't have to remember.

Thanks for the reply!

wink

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Yeah the volume is what I'm doing now, but don't always remember. It would be the same with a plug in the Aux. I was hoping there was an option I hadn't found yet that I don't have to remember.

Thanks for the reply!

wink

i have a random cord plugged into my aux and as long as the cord is plugged into the truck, it always starts on it

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have a random cord plugged into my aux and as long as the cord is plugged into the truck, it always starts on it

In that case it sounds like a workable solution. I'll have to cut a plug off something and try it.

Thanks man!

wink

Galadaeros

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Sport ~ Copperhead Edition
Engine
5.7L Hemi
In that case it sounds like a workable solution. I'll have to cut a plug off something and try it.

Thanks man!

wink

A cheap, empty USB thumb drive would likely serve as a "plug" too.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A cheap, empty USB thumb drive would likely serve as a "plug" too.

I use the USB port. I've got a 32 GB drive that's no bigger than the plug itself, so it's completely out of the way. I cut a mini stereo plug off some crap headphones and tried it. Works perfect, and doesn't stick out that far. I'll probably pickup an angled plug to reduce the size even more.

wink

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I use the USB port. I've got a 32 GB drive that's no bigger than the plug itself, so it's completely out of the way. I cut a mini stereo plug off some crap headphones and tried it. Works perfect, and doesn't stick out that far. I'll probably pickup an angled plug to reduce the size even more.

wink

glad it worked for ya man! :favorites13: