Consensus on interior LED lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffdawgfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Going to be upgrading all interior lights to LED. Surfing through threads it seems many people having issues with the trucks electrical system not powering the LED's or confused they are burnt out? I know LED's have polarity and most people seemed to have figured that out. Do all the small misc lights (interior and such as tag lights) have to have a built in resistor so the truck knows them? OR has this become a non-issue on the latest model years. Lots of conflicting info in the forum.

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I used phillips led's in the map, dome, and footwell, and have had ZERO issues with them so far.

Mostly, it is the exterior lighting that gives people trouble with bulb out messages.

Just use a quality led and not the cheap bulbs off of ebay. Some people have fantastic luck with ebay lights, but I personally prefer to just spend the extra few bucks and know I got a good product.

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used these bulbs for all my interior and exterior. They make a huge difference over stock and look very clean.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 85

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Cutequeen...cheap, reliable, replace every 194 accessory bulb for $12....

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk