could I do this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I am still searching for something that will allow the use of my fold flat floor.....
Could I take a custom made box like this https://www.atrendusa.com/atrend-vehicle-specific-enclosure-single-10-dodge-ram-quad-cab-02-12
And cut the top of it off so I can make the box lower in height to allow the use of my fold flat floor? It seems like that's all that's keeping me from having it. I know its going to change my volume of the box, and its probably going to look like crap.
But as long as I am able to cut the top 3" or so off the box off and make sure the new wood fits properly, and is sealed, I should be ok. Right?

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You would run into mounting depth issues

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the problem with leaving in the fold flat floor is it will muffle so much of the sound.

not to mention like they said you are then stuck to only a few shallow mount subs that will fit.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
JL has a box that retains the fold flat floor. A little pricey but it's an option.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
another issue I found was when the fold flat is retained it rattles.. I modified my seat in my 07 to be able to have both and ended up putting the seat back down to normal height, removing the driver side fold flat and running just 1 10" Sub cause it rattled to much and drove me nuts