Critique my system plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
once you remove your back seat, there is another problem area for rattles back there. The cabin pressure vents rattled like crazy with low bass notes. it wasn't the rubber vent that was the issue but the loose fitment of the vent itself. Since the seat will be out might as well do that too. Here was my solution for it

I assume you reinstalled your vents?

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
A run to lowes over lunch and a quick unbolt, lift and rebolt and there ya have it. Didn't have a tape in the truck but will measure it tonight.

Now the question becomes do I throw all the crap in my underseat bin (tow straps, ice scraper, tire iron, tool set, etc) behind there and do a real under seat sub?

67BBA9B4-92FE-41B0-894E-34B3399FBDBB_zpsaknae17g.jpg

Last edited:

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
wow, looks close for the RF sub

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Of course.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Of course.

Thanks. I was wondering about cabin pressure if I ran deadening material and closed off one vent. I've heard horror stories after people eliminated both but wasn't sure about 1.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did both vents like this. You'll find that the prep work for installing after market equipment is going to be your biggest headache. Good luck with your build. Post pics too

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did both vents like this. You'll find that the prep work for installing after market equipment is going to be your biggest headache. Good luck with your build. Post pics too

Honestly I just need to rip out the seats and see what I've got. Now that I know I've got 5" clear at 12" above the floor I'm seriously the Kicker Comp RTs. I could potentially fit a 8" with the passive radiator. They are mounted in a shallow depth 19-5/16"W x 11-13/16"H x 6-7/16"D1 x 3-9/16"D2 box. With the setup I dont think I'd be able to use the fold down. I'd have to install the subs then install the seats back in place. It'll take a bit more precision measuring to see if that would even fit.

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So after looking at it closer there is no way to fit a shallow box like the kicker behind there if I want to retain the use of my under seat storage. The back slides too far back when you lift the seat. So that leaves me with either an under seat sub and throwing all my stuff behind the seat or a powered sub behind the seat and keepin my under seat storage.

Last edited:

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
So after looking at it closer there is no way to fit a shallow box like the kicker behind there if I want to retain the use of my under seat storage. The back slides too far back when you lift the seat. So that leaves me with either an under seat sub and throwing all my stuff behind the seat or a powered sub behind the seat and keepin my under seat storage.

??? What ??? :roflsquared:

What am I missing

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Obviously I lost the passenger side under seat storage with the Kicker sub. But I stumbled on a find in my truck after I bought it. It had the nice heavy duty Ram mats in the truck. I never thought of lifting them up when buying the truck. A couple of weeks ago I vacuumed the inside, and when I lifted up the rear mat, to my pleasant surprise there was a door in the floor on each side for storage. So I was able to put things in there that were under the smaller driver side storage area. Score!!

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Obviously I lost the passenger side under seat storage with the Kicker sub. But I stumbled on a find in my truck after I bought it. It had the nice heavy duty Ram mats in the truck. I never thought of lifting them up when buying the truck. A couple of weeks ago I vacuumed the inside, and when I lifted up the rear mat, to my pleasant surprise there was a door in the floor on each side for storage. So I was able to put things in there that were under the smaller driver side storage area. Score!!

My drivers side is full of ratchet straps and my passenger side has jumper cables.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I see, the back of the seat moves even further back when you put the seat up.

That sucks, pretty much eliminates that area.

I am back to looking at options to push the Pioneer in the factory box.

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm gonna stick with the RF powered sub. I wish I could've figured out that kicker setup. I like the fact that they got back to passive radiators on that model.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Cool,

Looks like a nice set up none the less :)

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yea. I guess at the end of the day I need very crisp and clear speakers. I mostly listen to old country (Cash, Haggard, Willie etc.), folk rock (mumford & sons, Lumineers, etc) and a little bluegrass.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
That should be plenty of sub for that ...