Custom fiberglass box in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just dropped my truck off at cartoys, I'm having a fiberglass ported box made for my 2 10inch P3s. At first he told me there won't be enough airspace to make a ported box, but after showing him a few things we figured out a way to free up more space via seat spacers.

Box should be finished Saturday, ill post pics when I get the truck back

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
awesome

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't wait until it's done, ill finally have free room in my back seat again. Not only that but ill be able to crank down the sub amp with this ported box, it's been giving the alternator a good workout since the install..

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Awesome! I'm extremely happy that I made custom fiberglass boxes too! I didn't port them, but it was a great project! I don't see any reason there wouldn't be room for a ported box!

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't wait until it's finished! I'm dying to hear what it's going to sound like, obviously a hell of alot louder than the sealed pre fabed box I had, but hopefully alot better too

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
You'll be happy! Mine was simple, but very effective. The best one I've built and the best sounding as well. I'm no pro, but I love that I made the change and so will you!!

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How hard was it making it yourself? What setup are you running?

The biggest thing I'm worried about is the guy getting the port tuned right so it sounds good.

He said there wouldn't be enought airspace for a ported box at first, then I told him about the fox box, how they use seat spacers and a rear firing port to help cancel out the noise from the air coming out of the port.

So he's doing a ported box, but I think this might be his first one for this model ram that will be ported.

Bdroddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following this. Can you shoot me a pm on the cost if you don't mind. Tell them fools to give you a discount and you'll recommend them to all of us.

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If anybody wants a referral to a guy who makes the best enclosures in the dfw, send me a pm and ill give you his name number and background about what he does.

I'm sure he will also cut anybody a deal if you tell him I referred you

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks. I worked harder to control my patience. That was key. In all my previous projects, I was in such a hurry that something usually ended up messed up.

I'm excited to see how yours turns out!

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been excited and nervous since I left the shop, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight ftw... I can hardly sit here without getting up and walking around

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Box update.

I went up there tonight to get one of the seat bolts so I could buy 4 new ones 1 inch longer since he will be using a 1 inch seat spacer.

The plan has now changed too, it will no longer be a ported box, it will be sealed.

Everybody up there said a ported box inside a cab that small would not sound near as good as a sealed box will. Will multiple guys agreeing with him I said sealed it is.

I was just really looking forward to being able to crank down the amp so it doesn't work my alternator soo hard when I jam out, but oh well as long as it sounds better.

Really, all I really care about is sound improvement over the pre fab box I was using, and being able to sit 3 people in the back again.

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I literally just walked in the door lol. I'm about to go out and take a few pics now

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They did not put the grills on the subs and somebody also forgot to put one of the seat bolts back in.. Ill be going back up there tomorrow

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369529818.797579.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369529838.973037.jpg