Custom Sub Enclosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Usdmskyline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm trying to get better at posting and being an overall better member here on the forum.

The first pics are from my first custom console that houses a 10" JL Audio TW3. The sub lasted overall about 2 years but the sound wasn't what I expected. Being JL Audio I expected it to get down but it did the opposite. After the sub blew I decided to go a different route.

So I had to get rid of that huge box due to two car seats now. Kids take priority. So since I don't use my center console I decided to gut that and and build a box in the center console that wouldn't take any room in the back. Kids barely ride with me but when they do I have to accommodate. So with the new box I built I was able to fit a Kicker L7 12". It definitely has the bang now I've been looking for. Here are some pics.

IMG_2118.JPGIMG_2053.JPGIMG_6571.JPGIMG_2055.JPG

Found some pics of the box for L7 I have in there now.

6b1984922d678486efb39ce3c9e98c46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Usdmskyline

Usdmskyline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm trying to get better at posting and being an overall better member here on the forum.

The first pics are from my first custom console that houses a 10" JL Audio TW3. The sub lasted overall about 2 years but the sound wasn't what I expected. Being JL Audio I expected it to get down but it did the opposite. After the sub blew I decided to go a different route.

So I had to get rid of that huge box due to two car seats now. Kids take priority. So since I don't use my center console I decided to gut that and and build a box in the center console that wouldn't take any room in the back. Kids barely ride with me but when they do I have to accommodate. So with the new box I built I was able to fit a Kicker L7 12". It definitely has the bang now I've been looking for. Here are some pics.

View attachment 91368View attachment 91369View attachment 91370View attachment 91367

The third pic is of my box now.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Nice work! I love center console enclosures in trucks! Without a doubt, some of the best sounding subwoofer set ups I have experienced have come from center console enclosures.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
so you replaced your entire console or just added onto the oem one? the pix make it look like you added on

OP
OP
Usdmskyline

Usdmskyline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so you replaced your entire console or just added onto the oem one? the pix make it look like you added on

I had to remove my center console entirely. The entire lower storage compartment is now my sub enclosure which extends about 3-4" into the rear of the truck. The sub enclosure also goes forward under the shifter. Looking at my truck from the driver or passenger seat my console appears stock however once the arm rest is lifted the box is visible. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the actual build for the 3rd pic.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Sealed? Ported?
What is internal volume of box?

htxdc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 91368View attachment 91369View attachment 91370View attachment 91367

Crazy first setup!