Dash instrument cluster light issue: resolved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Gene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Bought a 2016 RAM 2500 (Bighorn) last July and there was a dash cluster light issue from the beginning. I had it in several times over the course of the year with no luck on finding the problem. The issue was after shutting off the truck the instrument lights (the ones that lit up the needles and back lit the instruments only) would time out, then come on for 4+ minutes, then go off, then come on for 4+ minutes, then time out, then come on again. Sometimes they would stay on for 40 minutes before finally turning off for good. It was just 4 small LED lights, so no issue with ever running down the battery, but it definitely should not have been occurring. They tried replacing the entire cluster at one point, but that didn't work. 2 weeks ago the dealership took it in and said they were going to unplug one module at a time until they had done them all. Got a call last week and they said the issue had been resolved. Apparently it was the radio that was waking up the lights. They replaced the radio, and now the light time out once and never come on again. Outstanding!

Thanks to RamCare, who I contacted through this site, Bonnie from the Ram Care office, and the service manager at Lithia in Medford, Oregon (Jason) who didn't give up.

agreene74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8
I’m having the same issue with my 17 1500 big horn. They want to replace the RF Hub.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi @agreene74,

We're sorry to hear that you have a concern with your 2017 1500. If you would like additional support while your vehicle is in service at your Ram dealer, please feel free to send our team a message.

Darlene
RamCares