Dash Mounted USB Socket removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Recently when I was working on my aborted center drawer installation I could not see how the USB socket plug "works". It looked like the wire was molded to the back of the socket but that didn't seem right. Did not get a mirror in there to investigate further but may take another shot at the project. Am I missing something ? Is the a connector at the back of the USB plug? Thanks for advice.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Majority of the time it is a circuit board. USB is all the same though, you can splice into it if you know what you are doing. Before Metra started selling USB adapters, we used to splice into the factory USBs in order to integrate into a new radio.

OP
OP
clifford15

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Thanks. I don't want to splice into it. I need to remove the socket from the Tradesman dash bezel and install it into the center stack drawer bezel. It looked like the USB cable was permanently attached to the back of the socket and the other end is buried (probably behind the radio).