Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Audio & Electronics

Audio & Electronics

DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

This is a discussion on DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :) within the Audio & Electronics forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
As I was working on a few mods to pimp out my cab, I told myself that the audio will ...

Like Tree524Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012 RCSB
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)
As I was working on a few mods to pimp out my cab, I told myself that the audio will have to come "later"... Well that was last week, and "later" is NOW!

Here is my list so far (Big thanks to Etroze86, Bradknob, Big Boi and Autokraftgt, because prior to Monday, I had never even heard of any of these things and they have been extremely helpful! )

2 x Skar amps SK-1200.1D & SK-125.4D (on order - Etroze, thanks for the awesome deal!!!)

2 x Stereo Integrity BMmkIV 12" Subs

1 x Helix DSP

1 x KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 0 Gauge OFC Dual Power Amp Installation Wiring Kit

Not sure on speakers yet ---> Need suggestions

Not sure on sub box yet ---> Need suggestions

*Need suggestions and a list of everything else I should order and do for this build.

I have never done any kind of car audio work at all, so this should be interesting (or maybe disastrous, lol)... I am not looking for super loud, or rattle your teeth kinda sound, just clean, tight and good quality.

Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails
skar-audio-sk-amplifiers-new--soniceelectronix--1.jpg   img_7277_61092.1405468845.1280.1280.jpg   bmmkiv12_back.jpg  

Big Boi, Burla, Etroze86 and 1 others like this.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

Magnaflow 16869/ QTP Cutout - JBA headers - VaraRam AirGrabber - Hemifever tune - 180 tstat - BT catch can - Moe's 87mm TB - 4.10s LSD - Belltech 2/4 drop w/ QA1 shocks - Hellwig swaybars front/back - Sphon adj. panhard & up/low control arms - EBC rotors & pads - Audio: BMmkIV 12" Subs (2), H.A.T. L1Pro Tweeters & L3 Pro Mids & Dynaudio MW162 Woofers, Arc XDi 1200.6 & Skar SK1200.1d, PPI Deq8 DSP - www.moes-performance.com

Last edited by DavidRam; 09-25-2014 at 02:22 AM.
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 1998 QCSB
Engine: magnum 5.9/360
Send a message via Skype™ to codered
JBL GTO series speakers they are easy to hook up they come with instructions just depends on how much money you want to spend go to their website they offer free shipping

Originally Posted by rocket View Post
life is like toilet paper.....you're either on a roll or taking shit from some asshole.
codered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2011
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Yeah new reg cab build!!!!!!!
I need to see what shops are in your area, I honestly can't recommend anything that you wouldn't be able to hear for yourself.
DavidRam and codered like this.

Quote DavidRam- "They'd look cool sitting on my TV stand... Bang & Olufson designers can kiss my ass!"

Last edited by Etroze86; 09-25-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Etroze86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Etroze86 View Post
I do have my Hertz ET20 tweeters that are mounted up in my dash right now that I really enjoy and have been the most accurate tweeter I've ever owned. The only bad thing is since they are reflecting off the windshield I do have to EQ them down a bit to be more laid back.
Oh and my dyna audio MW150's are a bit small for our doors but play everything so nicely. I even had them playing down too 40hz last night without any problems.
Originally Posted by BradKnob View Post
not that a 3 way is a must.

I really like HAT products. I have HAT L3 and are very natural and realistic sounding. I also have some L1 tweeters on the way as well but i cant comment on those yet...

Imagine I61-2V2 6.5" Component / Coaxial Speaker Set - 12v Electronics
The clarus C61-2 2way would be another great option plus if you wanted to hear them HAT will work with an audio dealer near you to set them so you can demo them.
Well ho lee fook, that changes things...

Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Component Set Perfectly Working Only A Few Months Old | eBay

But honestly, I would want something i could demo if i was gonna pay that much. You should look into Illusion audio, HAT, Focal, Rainbow, JL has some nice high end components. Or keep an eye out on the DIYMA classifieds, always nice stuff being sold there.

On a side note, a $3000 set of speakers could still sound like ass if not properly installed. Make sure doors are properly treated and baffle for speaker is sealed to prevent backwaves from interfering with front waves, and deadened properly etc etc.
Just trying to see if I can post quotes from other threads.

Magnaflow 16869/ QTP Cutout - JBA headers - VaraRam AirGrabber - Hemifever tune - 180 tstat - BT catch can - Moe's 87mm TB - 4.10s LSD - Belltech 2/4 drop w/ QA1 shocks - Hellwig swaybars front/back - Sphon adj. panhard & up/low control arms - EBC rotors & pads - Audio: BMmkIV 12" Subs (2), H.A.T. L1Pro Tweeters & L3 Pro Mids & Dynaudio MW162 Woofers, Arc XDi 1200.6 & Skar SK1200.1d, PPI Deq8 DSP - www.moes-performance.com
Old 09-25-2014, 02:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think I want to get the amps and subs installed and then build on it with dsp, speakers, soud deadening, etc..

I guess the next step is to find/make/have-made a box for the two SI subs. Now that I have decided on 2x 12s, I can't get creative with trying to hide them in the center seat, lol! How about I carve out the foam in the driver and passengers seats and install them inside those?!?! Lmao

Does anyone make a decent box off the shelf for the rcsb???

Old 09-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

There isn't one but getting .5 cubes will be down right easy.

Quote DavidRam- "They'd look cool sitting on my TV stand... Bang & Olufson designers can kiss my ass!"
Old 09-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Engine: Hemi 6.1
You are in good hands....we'll set you up for success
two 12's in a reg cab will be a lot of fun
autokraftgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: 5.7 hemi
In! All these new builds, man. Lovin it.

Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
I think I want to get the amps and subs installed and then build on it with dsp, speakers, soud deadening, etc..

I like taking this route. Add sub and amp and you find out real quick what the weak spots are in the system. That way you know exactly where to focus your efforts. And cash.

And yes, .5 cuft per sub should be pretty simple, and the fact that they're like 3.5" makes it that much easier.

Good luck!
BradKnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Engine: Hemi 6.1
In! All these new builds, man. Lovin it.

I like taking this route. Add sub and amp and you find out real quick what the weak spots are in the system. That way you know exactly where to focus your efforts. And cash.

And yes, .5 cuft per sub should be pretty simple, and the fact that they're like 3.5" makes it that much easier.

Good luck!
Speaking of the sub box...any way there is enough room to fire those 12's down? I think firing subs down in a truck sounds really good, but us QC guys really do not have that option with the under seat limitations.
You'd prob need 14"+ of depth behind the front seats....is that possible?
autokraftgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Without getting to crazy in a reg cab you could try but with the back wall in place I could only recommend a ten downward firing. QC I think there would be a bit of work to that floor pan wouldn't there?