DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man you are going to have a sweet sounding truck I have the step down tweeters and for being the less expensive ones they sound awesome. With the LQ-1 it will work out great and down the road you already have all the wires ran if you ever want to go active. Make sure you get pictures please as this should be pretty sweet looking.

Exactly, I can always upgrade to the DSP once I learn more about all this stuff... That AudioControl is great for beginners.

I will get many pictures. I gave them two conditions:

1. I will be in the shop hands-on, helping out, and giving my 2 cents the entire install. And maybe taking advantage of my seats being out to install my clazzio seat covers! :naughty:

2. If they scratch my truck I will kick the **** out of them!!! :roflsquared:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Exactly, I can always upgrade to the DSP once I learn more about all this stuff... That AudioControl is great for beginners.

I will get many pictures. I gave them two conditions:

1. I will be in the shop hands-on, helping out, and giving my 2 cents the entire install. And maybe taking advantage of my seats being out to install my clazzio seat covers! :naughty:

2. If they scratch my truck I will kick the **** out of them!!! :roflsquared:

Wow they agreed to that? props man not a lot of shops with let customers be hands on. Oh order the LQ-1 in black or gray, the white on those are really really white.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow they agreed to that? props man not a lot of shops with let customers be hands on. Oh order the LQ-1 in black or gray, the white on those are really really white.

Yes sir! Well, I am not sure they fully agreed to the "**** kicking" part, but the rest is cool!

I have walked out of shops that wouldn't let me be hands-on or at least watch... I don't trust people, especially not in this city.

Definitely, doing gray or black.

You guys are right, I am finding all this stuff elsewhere online for much less the Crotchfield.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes sir! Well, I am not sure they fully agreed to the "**** kicking" part, but the rest is cool!

I have walked out of shops that wouldn't let me be hands-on or at least watch... I don't trust people, especially not in this city.

Definitely, doing gray or black.

You guys are right, I am finding all this stuff elsewhere online for much less the Crotchfield.

Just becareful crotchfield is expensive but they warrenty everything and I can't think of a company that has better customer service than they do. That being said there are a ton of authorized dealers out there that sell for a lot less than they do.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also found a review of the Helix subs and the guy that had them also had the SI subs you were looking at. He said they were very comparable so I think you will like this a lot. Pared with those 3ways and your truck is going to rock.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also found a review of the Helix subs and the guy that had them also had the SI subs you were looking at. He said they were very comparable so I think you will like this a lot. Pared with those 3ways and your truck is going to rock.

Really?!?! Do you remember where you saw that review? I'd love to read it... I had to read **** from Germany to find any reviews on them... It seems like nobody has them (which is another thing I like about them).

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Orders are placed... :happy107:

I should have a pretty good system once this stuff goes in. If I don't love it, I am going to kick my own ass! :crazy:

Thanks again for eveyone's help!

Attachments

• Hertz HSK 163 3 Way.jpg
    Hertz HSK 163 3 Way.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Helix P12W 12 In Sub.jpg
    Helix P12W 12 In Sub.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 25
  • skar-audio-sk-amplifiers-new-at-soniceelectronix--1.jpg
    skar-audio-sk-amplifiers-new-at-soniceelectronix--1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 30
  • AudioControl_LCQ-1_B_w2.jpg
    AudioControl_LCQ-1_B_w2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 36
  • HT 25.jpg
    HT 25.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not second guessing anything... but are (2) 12"s a little bit overkill for a regular cab truck and a guy who is not after teeth rattling bass?!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'll like them when you hear and feel the bottom end of music being filled out. I have two tens and the worse it does right now is rattle my review but blends with components really nicely

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll like them when you hear and feel the bottom end of music being filled out. I have two tens and the worse it does right now is rattle my review but blends with components really nicely

I have a feeling you have heard so many quality audio system that you set the bar high!
I am pretty sure I am gonna shart when I first turn up the volume on my new system!

Unbrokens stereo was the first and only high end car audio I have ever listen to! I am definitely not expecting anything close to that with mine...

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've heard many SPL setups that have hit hard and sounded good but not many high end stuff

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question, the boxes I got are .80 cu.ft. and the sub calls for .75. Is that close enough or do I need to reduce the volume in the box?

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The boxes are:
•Sealed subwoofer enclosure
• 3/4" USA MDF construction
• 1" speaker baffles
• Screwed-down terminal cups
• Completely glued & braced
• 12" single enclosure

I will upgrade the terminals, because some of these boxes come with crappy ones...

Each box is 20" wide and there is a total of 60" back there, that leaves me with 20" of storage and also hides the boxes behind the seats.
On the passenger side, the box will sit just inside that hump in the lining where the seat belt is. :)

Attachments

• 12 In Sub Box.jpg
    12 In Sub Box.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 31

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can ask them if they have it but its pretty cheap to do. I'm talking like 10 bucks for resin and paint brush at Lowes.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Quick question, the boxes I got are .80 cu.ft. and the sub calls for .75. Is that close enough or do I need to reduce the volume in the box?

Remember to account for the space that the subs basket will take up inside the box. Air space requirements are always after the displacement of the sub and most manufacturers post their sub's displacement.
Having a little extra space is always better than be short on air space

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo