DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I also like using polyfill with sealed boxes even if i have enough air space. I personally can tell most subs sound a bit warmer, less hallow sounding with polyfill...just something i always do...and yea, resin is cheap and VERY effective

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember to account for the space that the subs basket will take up inside the box. Air space requirements are always after the displacement of the sub and most manufacturers post their sub's displacement.
Having a little extra space is always better than be short on air space

Good to know, thanks.

I also like using polyfill with sealed boxes even if i have enough air space. I personally can tell most subs sound a bit warmer, less hallow sounding with polyfill...just something i always do...and yea, resin is cheap and VERY effective

Good call with the polyfill

Where can I get polyfill and do I glue it to the MDF or just place it in there?

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
+3 on the polyfill. I use it in every sealed enclosure no matter the airspace. Almost seems to make the sub play with a little more authority.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Place it in there and walmart

Uuuhhh, is there another store? :roflsquared:

I don't go to walmart, it's scary.

Hey, I just checked, that is the same stuff that is in cheap pillows! I will just take it out of the 3 million pillows my wife keeps around the house! :superhack:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, do I need to get a grill or grill rods to protect the subs?? Encase someone pushes the seat back to far or something like that...

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If the box is a little smaller than recommended for the sub, put about 1lb of fill per 1 sq ft of the enclosure. If bix is bigger than recommended put a little less polyfill

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My seats don't recline into the boxes at all. You can if you want the added protection though

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The grill rods look kinda cool, two!

Attachments

• P-12E.png
    P-12E.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 38
  • GrillRods.jpg
    GrillRods.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Good choice on the equipment. Ive seen the shop a few times and it looks like they do good work. I cant wait to see the finished masterpiece.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good choice on the equipment. Ive seen the shop a few times and it looks like they do good work. I cant wait to see the finished masterpiece.

Thanks bro!

Hopefully, all the parts arrive this week, and install will be Monday and Tuesday next week.:party36:

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Orders are placed... :happy107:

I should have a pretty good system once this stuff goes in. If I don't love it, I am going to kick my own ass! :crazy:

Thanks again for eveyone's help!

Those subs look bad a$$!
Your truck is gonna sound really nice man
cant wait to hear your impressions.
Those 12's should provide a lot of fun factor!!!, and you can always turn the bass down too...if you must
:favorites13:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those subs look bad a$$!
Your truck is gonna sound really nice man
cant wait to hear your impressions.
Those 12's should provide a lot of fun factor!!!, and you can always turn the bass down too...if you must
:favorites13:

Thanks man! I am pretty excited about it!

I will wear a diaper for the first time I hear it! I am used to a really weak sound in my truck...

Oh, and the first song to pop it's cherry, will be Skrillex Cinema! KABOOOOOOM!!! LMAO!

Fa doz who doh know wtf dat iz : ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQcQDbpDH_o

Last edited:

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks man! I am pretty excited about it!

I will wear a diaper for the first time I hear it! I am used to a really weak sound in my truck...

Oh, and the first song to pop it's cherry, will be Skrillex Cinema! KABOOOOOOM!!! LMAO!

Fa doz who doh know wtf dat iz :; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQcQDbpDH_o

I am anxious to hear your opinion on these subs. Maybe you can get some real measurements too. I really want to get back to a 12 in my truck. By the shape of the basket they just might fit in the wells under the rear seats.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol I would try to let the system break in a little bit before you crank that one up.

WHAT?!?!? No one told me about a break-in period!!! I can't just hook it up and blast it?! :Rock on: :peace: :driver:

J/k, I figured there would a break in period, so does go by miles, days or number of sings?! Lol

I am anxious to hear your opinion on these subs. Maybe you can get some real measurements too. I really want to get back to a 12 in my truck. By the shape of the basket they just might fit in the wells under the rear seats.

I will get you measurements as soon as they arrive and I pull them from their boxes to take pics and inspect them. :favorites13: