DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For subwoofers generally a manufacturer will say 40hrs for breakin and then gains/volume can go up. I had one sub I went full tilt on and in the first 10 minutes the spider tore from the basket, kinda a shame cause at the time I didn't know how to fix it and it was a spendy sub for me then too. You will be able to hear the tone change as they break in so for the first week or so just take it easy with volume and you should be ok to rock after that.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you heard that song on a good system?! I heard it at a club and I have had irregular heart beat ever since :roflsquared:

Yes I have and if you thought it sounded good in your truck before just wait till everything is coming at you 100x more detailed. Seriously though its like going from standard definition to HD 3D, kinda nuts.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For subwoofers generally a manufacturer will say 40hrs for breakin and then gains/volume can go up. I had one sub I went full tilt on and in the first 10 minutes the spider tore from the basket, kinda a shame cause at the time I didn't know how to fix it and it was a spendy sub for me then too. You will be able to hear the tone change as they break in so for the first week or so just take it easy with volume and you should be ok to rock after that.

Ok will do... thanks!

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I have and if you thought it sounded good in your truck before just wait till everything is coming at you 100x more detailed. Seriously though its like going from standard definition to HD 3D, kinda nuts.

^^^ I can't wait for that!!!

Bad news, I got shipping confirmations and it looks like everything won't be here in time to install on Monday and Tuesday. It will have to be the following Monday and Tuesday (15th and 16th).

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are on it, thanks a bunch!!! They should be sitting at my front door when I get home from work tonight! :party36:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, they arrived just as I was leaving for work. :) I'll check em out tonight!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet let me know what you think. For the size I think you will be surprised at the heft of them.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lmao! In that case, I won't let my wife see the amps... I never show her anything that will give her a sense of scale.

Actually, I had all the furniture in our bedroom built to 3/4 scale to make my shaft look bigger!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Reg cab because I don't need to compensate. Plus my wife is 6'3" everything to her is small hahahaha.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First Order Is IN!

And they are purdy. :) Big thanks again to Etroze86 for the awesome hook-up on these:

Attachments

• SkarAmps2.jpg
    SkarAmps2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 31
  • SkarAmps1.jpg
    SkarAmps1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 28