DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 6.7 "The real deal"
I show two different part numbers for the mirror flag. Not sure why unless it's a trim specific due to color? Maybe the longhorn version are brown or something?

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I show two different part numbers for the mirror flag. Not sure why unless it's a trim specific due to color? Maybe the longhorn version are brown or something?

Yes, there's beige and gray... The part is about $14 and they want $15 to ship wtf?

What part numbers do you have?

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Left side
1HA43XDVAA
1HA43DK2AA

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
I ordered two new a-pillars for $35 each. If you decide to go with a-pillar installation don't worry about them being expensive.

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Pretty damn cleaver who ever thought of it. Works for us guys who have no glassing skills.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is very cool! I don't have that kind of time or patience...

I think want these to be mounted flush and I can just make them fit at exactly the right spot.

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
You might try to get them glassed a little more on axis. Although many tweeters are designed and work better off axis. I just can't wrap my head around using the sail panels. Tweeters firing down and the reflection off the steering column has to be affecting the response. I would think mounting like Brad would work better if you plan to keep them there. My advice. Get some two sided tape or industrial Velcro and temporarily mount them to ensure you like them there.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Once u get them in the sails, with the door shut, u can take them off and aim them in different directions. Lay the sails with tweeters facing right at you then put em back on regular, then u will see if it makes any difference to you which way they face.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might try to get them glassed a little more on axis. Although many tweeters are designed and work better off axis. I just can't wrap my head around using the sail panels. Tweeters firing down and the reflection off the steering column has to be affecting the response. I would think mounting like Brad would work better if you plan to keep them there. My advice. Get some two sided tape or industrial Velcro and temporarily mount them to ensure you like them there.

Once u get them in the sails, with the door shut, u can take them off and aim them in different directions. Lay the sails with tweeters facing right at you then put em back on regular, then u will see if it makes any difference to you which way they face.

Cool, will do. I'll see which I like better...

This might sound silly, but I am wondering if i should mount them with the nut on the front to get the depth it needs? I like the look of it... plus it is such a beautiful little piece it's a shame to hide it. :)

Attachments

• HAT Legatia L1 Pro R2.jpg
    HAT Legatia L1 Pro R2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20141119_192910.jpg
    IMG_20141119_192910.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll get another little nut 1 7/8" diameter or some sort of clamp. Do you think it looks nice like that?

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
You can always hot glue them from the back side.