Dball2 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to program before I hook back up to computer for second key2go step.

I have gone through the first stage of flashing on the computer. My next step was to take it outside and plug my harness into the truck then plug in the unit (black,red,blue) red light comes on . I next did as said and turned key to ignition then off x2 . When on ign it started to flash red then when off it went solid red and never went orange. I tried to hook it up to my pc again and it could not go to next step . So I plugged it back into the truck and it just continually did 3 red flashes pause 3 red flashes. So o cleared it programming (not the software or flash) by plugging in black then red holding down button then plugging in blue went orange 3 seconds then I let go went to red. Tried steps over of turning key x2 and back to red 3 flashes

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Double check you didn't get any of the wires backwards? (Can wires or security wires)

OP
OP
S

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean by backwards? They can only clip in one way from the harness because of a little tab, unless I'm mistaken

OP
OP
S

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Error means - Bypass data not detected.Check the bypass line connection. If more than one wire is used, make sure they are not inverted. Start vehicle using the key to confirm the OEM equipment is still operational

Not sure what that means

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you use all t-harnesses? You didn't have to tag something like the TX/RX lines behind the push button, or tap into the CAN wires at the OBDII port?

OP
OP
S

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the obdII port to connect the t-harness. Then the black red blue to the dball2. I saw no other spots for the other 2 connections . There are additional small plugs that have a sticker over them. Was I sopose to use additional connections?

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you have the OBD2 Port From T Harness, and you have the black, Red and Blue plug for DBALL2.
Sounds like you are missing the one from the ignition. And yah its one of the ones with tape on it, as its done that way to protect the pins.
"•Unplug the ignition plug and there is one on the THCHD3 T Harness that will go in its place. There is also a female receptacle on the harness that will receive the factory plug that you unplugged from the ignition. "
This was quoted from the install guide. So basically remove ignition plug and plug it into female of tharness and than take the other male on the tharness and plug it into the ignition slot.

Theres two i believe one thats black and one thats white. i forget which one i used now. However once you unplug your ignition plug you should be able to figure it out.

OP
OP
S

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome thanks I must of missed that. I'll give this a try in the morning .

05roush0090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you have the OBD2 Port From T Harness, and you have the black, Red and Blue plug for DBALL2.
Sounds like you are missing the one from the ignition. And yah its one of the ones with tape on it, as its done that way to protect the pins.
"•Unplug the ignition plug and there is one on the THCHD3 T Harness that will go in its place. There is also a female receptacle on the harness that will receive the factory plug that you unplugged from the ignition. "
This was quoted from the install guide. So basically remove ignition plug and plug it into female of tharness and than take the other male on the tharness and plug it into the ignition slot.

Theres two i believe one thats black and one thats white. i forget which one i used now. However once you unplug your ignition plug you should be able to figure it out.

Of the two sets for ignition only one will work. The plugs are slightly different. Just installed mine like a week ago. Love it. And awesome price.

OP
OP
S

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup I didn't have the ignition port thing plugged in right. I apprecite all the help. No more cold mornings !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963