DBALL2 problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DT440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the DBALL2 in my truck from Doug on eBay last year and it has been working fine until recently. Lately when I have been remote starting my truck (one out of every 3-4 times), within a few minutes I get the following messages/symptoms:

Service Trailer Brake System / Service Air Suspension System / the traction slip light comes on and my turn signals flash erratically if I had them on at the time.

I left the truck running and hooked up my ODBII scanner but it did not find any codes. I've also had the dealer check and they didn't find anything either.

If I shut the truck off and start it the messages/symptoms go away.

I emailed Doug and he said he’s never heard of this and didn’t have any suggestions. Has anyone run into anything like this?

Thanks.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Maybe try and flash the bypass module with newer firmware if possible .
Might be a loose wire on the can high or can low connection.
That is where I would check first .

OP
OP
DT440

DT440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up doing a few things on this...

I disconnected the battery for about half an hour to clear everything.

Searching on Google, I came across a thread about all of the fuses and relays in the engine compartment box not being fully seated causing various Service messages...so I checked and I was able to push all my fuses and relays down a little bit.

I also got in touch with Doug and he hooked me up with a temporary login to re-flash the dball. Doug is a great guy to deal with.

After all that and a week later, the issue hasn’t occurred. Hopefully that’s it!

Kenai Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Doug is fantastic to do business with. I get a brief TPMS warning when I turn the key on in my 2012 express after I have remote started it. Didn't think much of it. But, I'll look to reseat all the fuses...