Dead media hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjleiter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have the split bench 40/20/40 with the media hub inside the center rest. Use is almost daily until last weekend when it quit working. Plugging my iphone/ipod etc in does nothing. Tried new cable and still nothing. (Does not charge or play)

Is there a fuse somewhere for this?

2013 Ram 1500 tradesman

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kind of having the same problem.it sucks

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Easiest to check would be pulling the head unit out and making sure the usb didn't come out of the back. Or if you have another usb somewhere in the truck, try that to isolate it to the console.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you done any work to the truck ?
Any software updates ?
Have you been to the dealer for any reason lately ?

Troubleshooting wise it would be pretty straight fwd , if the mini USB "grey I think" is good at the back of the radio , then check the back of the media hub , if I remember correctly there's two plugs on the back , it's not to difficult to get to , but you do have to pop the drink holder apart and pull the carpeting out of its groove .

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does it still light up? If not, check the 3 plugs nearest the center hump under the front of the drivers seat.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Actually check them even if it doesn't light up. The power plug is separated from the signal plug to the radio.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk