Do you have to cut to install an aftermarket stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been thinking about putting my Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS in my 2014 Ram. I currently have the RA1 radio and despise it! What a waste of space. I miss my double din Pioneer. In looking at the install it appears that you have to cut a metal cross bar out to install an aftermarket radio. Is there any other way to remove that bar other than cutting it?

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
YouTube sir. But from everything on there, you have to cut it.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes sir but done worry. its actually pretty common on most newer vehicles. nothing is really structural back there around the radio

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
super easy with a small hack saw. 5 minutes tops. Be aware that you will lose your OEM usb ports (if you have them). I don't think anyone has found a fix for that yet. Can always drop one into your glove box and run the wire to the back of the pioneer.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
super easy with a small hack saw. 5 minutes tops. Be aware that you will lose your OEM usb ports (if you have them). I don't think anyone has found a fix for that yet. Can always drop one into your glove box and run the wire to the back of the pioneer.

Maestro sells a kit to retain them.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I was unaware of that. I will have to look into it. Thanks!

OP
OP
G

gern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Still not sure if I'll put in an aftermarket stereo or buy an RA2 or RA3.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maestro sells a kit to retain them.

Did they come out with that chip yet? I was on the phone with them few months back and they said right now the exclusively make it for the alpine, but soon it will be relabeled for the public, just been waiting for crutchfield to come out with it

TroyClark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go with the Double Din. I did and love it. I put a usb port and aux plug in the front of the console. Looks factory and works great. I put the microphone on top of the console and snapped the face back in place. Works great, out of the way and didn't have to rewire the whole truck lol.

Attachments

• usb port.jpg
    usb port.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Radio.jpg
    Radio.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 56

DaveSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi