Door speaker fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snipermax86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I am trying to fit 6x9s in to the doors but they are a tad too big and want to rock back and forth. I don't want to cut or dremel out the door panel. I thought of maybe a 1/8" spacer but don't know if it will inpead the outer panel. Any suggestions.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hey guys I am trying to fit 6x9s in to the doors but they are a tad too big and want to rock back and forth. I don't want to cut or dremel out the door panel. I thought of maybe a 1/8" spacer but don't know if it will inpead the outer panel. Any suggestions.

Speaker rings are cheap/easy to make...I use a 1/4" ring to make my 7" midbass speakers fit in the doors. Seems to me you should try a ring before giving up on said 6x9's....which 6x9?

RamDude81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put 1/4" spacers on my speakers and the door panel fit just fine. Though the tweeter on the three way 6x9 did touch the door panel grill. I've not had any problems running this way for severals months now.

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also thinking of putting in some 6x9 in the front doors. Like the 1/4" spacer idea. Did you also put any baffle on there, like foam, or just install right onto speaker.

OP
OP
S

snipermax86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The speakers are RF R169x2. 2way so no tweeter to mess with. I am putting foam baffles behind and foam weatherstripping around them so I get a good seal around the grill. I want all the sound through the grill and not inside the door.

OP
OP
S

snipermax86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. I'm on my way to home depot to get PVC board. I have a router so saving money by DIYing it.