door speaker help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm New to this forum I just bought a 2005 dodge ram 1500 quad cab and had a few questions on the door speakers. I was wondering if anyone has put 6x9's in the rear before, I went to crutchfield and it gave some pretty good info. I was also wondering what component speakers to go with ? I haven't had much experience with door speakers. I'm looking for some good bass and for it to sound clear. I have always used kicker when it comes to subwoofers. if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it ! Thanks

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
6x9 in the rear doors would need alot of customizing...if i remember in my 03 i had 5 1/4 in the back and 6x9 in the front. Try to stick with those sizes because there is not alot of room to play around with in the doors.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Agree, stick with what fits, makes for a plug and play. Go check out the Kicker CS coax, simple install, and we even have a CSS69 that is a 6x9 mid/midbass, and a seperate tweeter, like a component for easy door installation, and sound like a component.

OP
OP
nate08

nate08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the help guys ! Any other speaker recommendations would help I will check the kickers out for sure GRAYGOOSE thanks again.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I perfer rockford fosgate...im currently putting the t252-s in the front door but will later on change them to the t2652-s.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All depends what sounds good to YOU.
What sounds clean & crisp to one guy might sound like the inside of a **** to another.
Agreed with the plug & play size approach unless you're handy with customizing. That Kicker 6x9 w/separate tweet would put out some killer bass, AND sound like a component; awesome idea.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Depends on the budget. Low budget I love JBL GTO series. Higher budget JL, Memphis, Morel, Focal. To some people JBL's are awful bright to me they were about perfect. Really I would go to a local shop or a Best Buy or even a local cruise night event and see and hear what people are running.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ That's a great way to demo different kinds of gear, but don't forget if someone is feeding the speakers you're looking at with a crap ton of power and they took the time to properly sound dampen their doors, if you power them off your deck and just bolt them in, they won't sound the same ;-)