Double-DIN In-Dash DVD Receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guardian2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need a recommendation for a good Double-DIN In-Dash DVD Receiver. After a couple weeks of research they all seem to fail with something. I currently have a Garmin GPS however would like to the receiver to do that well and have a good interface. I like the features of Pioneer however sounds like they fall short on the GPS. I keep ending up back at the Sony XNV-770BT
because the of GPS however it seems they fell short on integration and overall menu design.

Last edited:

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need a recommendation for a good Double-DIN In-Dash DVD Receiver. After a couple weeks of research they all seem to fail with something. I currently have a Garmin GPS however would like to the receiver to do that well and have a good interface. I like the features of Pioneer however sounds like they fall short on the GPS. I keep ending up back at the Sony XNV-770BT
because the of GPS however it seems they fell short on integration and overall menu design.

Look into Pioneer. I love mine. However, my model doesn't have GPS features built in but is upgradable. I paid 5 bills for mine, and 130 for a harness to properly wire the head unit. You can order the harness from installer.com they are the best for all auto audio needs. Should I say cheapest as well. They even have a Houston, tx storefront. Great company!

If you want GPS and a headunit, expect to fork out $1000 to $1500 for a good unit that has GPS, Bluetooth, touch screen, in dash, etc.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 With Pioneer. I have one in my truck, and just ordered one for my car. I love them! I have never had any issues, and it's very easy to use.

OP
OP
G

Guardian2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the recommendations, Pioneer is what I will go with.

I'm going to stay away from the AVICs because it looks like in Jan 2012 they are going to get a functional downgrade with the MSN Direct going away. I have looked at the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and it looks like a good start.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the recommendations, Pioneer is what I will go with.

I'm going to stay away from the AVICs because it looks like in Jan 2012 they are going to get a functional downgrade with the MSN Direct going away. I have looked at the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and it looks like a good start.

I purchased the 4200 and its lovely. No issues at all. However I dislike how slow it is some times when switching songs, this only happens when I use my ipod though... :( I have thought of buying a 64gb sd card for the truck, but I already bought the ipod for it.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
im going with the mechless alpine ixa-w407. you have to pay for the navi but thats what my phone is for

OP
OP
G

Guardian2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It looks like the newer models of the AVICs are dropping the MSN Direct which looks like it only impacts traffic stuff. Not really interested in traffic as it's always bad here.

I am looking at the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT now

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the AVIC 900BT. It's a few years old now, and I'm sure has been upgraded 1,000,000 times over. However at the time, the only difference between mine and the 90BT was the MSN thing.

OP
OP
G

Guardian2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Modified list, changed out camera. (decided to up quality and go with license plate cam to avoid extra work and easier swap out)

Worked up a parts list, I have no steering control so don't need that module.

Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT 7" In-Dash Double-Din Navigation CD/DVD/MP3 with Pandora iPhone streaming

Pioneer GEX-P920XM

PAC C2R-CHY4 Radio Replacement Interface for Chrysler

Boyo VTL300 Zinc Metal Black License Plate Camera

Pioneer CD-IU50V USB Interface Cable for iPod/iPhone

Scosche CR1291

Scosche VWA3

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
nice list makes me want to rip out all my stuff and do it again

OP
OP
G

Guardian2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm ordering tonight unless something doesn't look right an hour from now. I changed out the camera and decided to go license plate cam vs drilling out the handle. Figure if it dies it will be easier to replace and the plate will keep it nice and close to the hitch. The BOYO cameras got good reviews over on the AVIC forum so if it doesn't work right I can always go over there and ask what I did wrong.

Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT 7" In-Dash Double-Din Navigation CD/DVD/MP3 with Pandora iPhone streaming

Pioneer GEX-P920XM

PAC C2R-CHY4 Radio Replacement Interface for Chrysler

Boyo VTL300 Zinc Metal Black License Plate Camera

Pioneer CD-IU50V USB Interface Cable for iPod/iPhone

Scosche CR1291

Scosche VWA3

Last edited:

sunruner19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the avic-z110bt in my '11 reg cab. Only problem i ran into was with the adaptor antenna lead supplied by Crutchfield. When inserted into the factory lead, it appeared to be a very hard fit and did not lock into the white clip. Reading elsewhere that you have to remove that clip to make it fit correctly, i did that and had a very loose fit. After talking with Crutchfield tech, thinking that they sent me the wrong lead,he informed me that with the clip on, it is a very very snug fit, and will not lock into the factory white female clip. They sent me a new lead since i broke off the original black clip. He agreed with me that they should have included a photo making everyone aware of this fit which would have avoided a few problems installing it. You will see in the photo that it does not insert all the way into the white female lead.

cid_image001_png01CBE80F.png

OP
OP
G

Guardian2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for that information, the radio should be here soon so this should help me avoid one issue :waytogo:

SoCal46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone seems pretty knowledgeable in this thread, I am having trouble trying to download files off my iPod onto the stock headunit in my 2011 Ram 1500??????

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I don't think you can pull from the ipod to the deck. Only USB thumb drives seem to work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334