Drivers Side Lock/Unlock Switches Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I have a 2010 Ram, 1500. The drivers side door lock/unlock switches do not work. However the passenger side switches work fine as do the fobs. Also, the locks will intermittently lock with no button activation. The window and mirror switches work fine.

The switches have gotten wet a few times in the past.

Is there way to check the door switches? Is it possible that this is a switch issue, or a control module failure?

Lastly, I don't know if this matters, but I also have an unresolved TPMS sensor issue (possible bad sensor, but no codes).

Any ideas?

Drew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you switch the unlock controller from drivers side to passenger side to see if it works? IF you can and it does work then that would tell you there is a wiring issue, which I would assume is more likely in the boot between the door and cab frame as that's the common pivoting point and probably where a wire would break first. If you can switch it and the problem still persists on the other side then you know it's just the switch itself.

I'm a new Ram owner myself, and don't know much of anything about their electrical systems and controllers yet, but I am a heavy duty mechanic and that's something I'd try at work if it was possible.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm under the assumption that you probably won't be able to plug the drivers side directly into the passenger side. Now that I've sat here and thought about it the drivers side has mirror controls and a window lock switch, which the passengers doesn't, so it would require a few more pins and likely be a whole different plug.

I don't know how these switches work, but if I were to test some of the ones I deal with at work then I would find the input and output pins for the power on the lock part and test for continuity while holding the button.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I had the same issue and they replaced the drivers side switch panel! You can buy them online ,Looks like it will pop out ,unplug the harness ! Never did it myself and I am no gear head so take it for what its worth :)

Trekker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a Ford Tech and first thing we always do with that kind of stuff is go borrow a known good panel off another truck and plug it in to see if it works... Know anyone else with a Ram?