Drop in replacement speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a 2013, crew cab, with 3.0 radio. Have been looking/searching for a place that sells all the speakers, direct replacement such as the kickers.

Any links? I'll keep searching and will look on Amazon as well. Don't want to have to try and splice into the factory wiring.

Sent from somewhere with confusion.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
+1 on Crutchfield.

They give ou the adapters, for free, when you b uy your speakers from them. Plus , they give you tech support.

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any recommendations on which speakers they have in the kickers? I see a couple different one, rather would it be best to contact them?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
If you go with 6.5s all the way around you will lose your mid bass,

6.5" in the front doors,6x9" in the rear doors. It's your choice on the 3.5s in the dash they were pretty damn loud.

You can go with whichever series of kickers you want

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the insight. 6.5 and 6x9 will be the plan then. Any clue as it if you can run an amp with the 3.0
Radio? Was looking into the fox boxes

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I'm not the guy to ask. I failed miserably trying to run amps off the stock head unit so I went with a pioneer Hu. It was my first try at a big install though

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you very much

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've used crutchfield.com before too and am very happy with their advice and service

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swapped my door speakers to JBL GTO 928.
A perfect fit, they even come with a spacer to make up for the deeper chassis.
And they have a 2ohm impedance like the factory's!
Only hassle - you have to cut the original speaker wires and solder/cramp on connectors.

Now I have a nice deep bass w/o any further modifications of my factory radio.
If I just could stop the door panel rattle ....

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
You can get a line output converter and tap into the rear signal to provide rca output to an amp. Or get an amp with speaker level inputs. As long as you don't omit the rear speaker (radio may need to see resistance to work) you should be fine. Audio control makes the lc2i. Should provide remote turn on for your amp which your radio does not have.

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get a line output converter and tap into the rear signal to provide rca output to an amp. Or get an amp with speaker level inputs. As long as you don't omit the rear speaker (radio may need to see resistance to work) you should be fine. Audio control makes the lc2i. Should provide remote turn on for your amp which your radio does not have.

Thank you very much.

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I swapped my door speakers to JBL GTO 928.
A perfect fit, they even come with a spacer to make up for the deeper chassis.
And they have a 2ohm impedance like the factory's!
Only hassle - you have to cut the original speaker wires and solder/cramp on connectors.

Now I have a nice deep bass w/o any further modifications of my factory radio.

Wonder if dynamat would help?

bsmarble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also put in some JBL 6×9 from Best Buy for about $120. They also had the adapters. My 3.0 radio now sounds %100 better. Best improvement I made to my truck. Deeper bass and cleaner better highs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I've tried using adhesive on all the door components inside the door and I still get that damn rattle on songs with deep bass? Not sure what else to try at this point other then taking the inner door panel off and taking a long look back there. Mine goes away on the drivers side if I simply put my arm on top of the finger pocket. Has anyone got any other ideas?

JDW123

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You got 6x9's in the front?

And yes OP, crutchfield is the best in the biz!

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried using adhesive on all the door components inside the door and I still get that damn rattle on songs with deep bass? Not sure what else to try at this point other then taking the inner door panel off and taking a long look back there. Mine goes away on the drivers side if I simply put my arm on top of the finger pocket. Has anyone got any other ideas?

My rattling comes off the drivers door panel finger pocket as well.
I'm planning on putting a bead of silicone around it once I find the time to remove the door panel once again. (Kinda busy with other stuff right now.)

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My rattling comes off the drivers door panel finger pocket as well.
I'm planning on putting a bead of silicone around it once I find the time to remove the door panel once again. (Kinda busy with other stuff right now.)

That's what I've already done and still I get the rattle. I think it could behind the trim panel and something in the inner panel? Just not sure at this point and I can't duplicate it when the panel is off..

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So when you get excursion going in the door that door panel its self will rattle and I'm talking the whole thing. So what the guys do that chase SQ is they sound deaden the whole back side of the panel with small squares to give it more mass and kills vibrations.