Drop in replacement speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've silicones every switch, finger pocket, speaker grill and anything else that moved on the backside of the door panel trying to stop the rattle so, you may be on to something by increasing mass with sound deadening material? If I don't find anything after looking at the inner door panel it might be time to try some sound mat or something. Start off with small pieces and move it around till I can localize it. Not a new idea to me but at least now it makes more sense to try it.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trust me just cover the panel in 1"x1" squares with deadener. It will save you a ton of time and if there is any vibration after that it will be localized.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Trust in the Etroze. He knows things.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trust me just cover the panel in 1"x1" squares with deadener. It will save you a ton of time and if there is any vibration after that it will be localized.

I took all the door panels off and started applying strips of dynomat. I applied strips and then used a small mallet to tap the panel and listen for noise. I found that the door panel finger pocket(what you would grab closing the door) has a clip on the backside that's held to the panel with a plastic spot weld and this is where my rattle was coming from. I tried taking it apart but ended up laying a couple of dynomat strips over top of the weld on all four doors and found this pretty much eleiminated my rattle when the bass is cranked up. You could use RTV and do the same thing...

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any one tried the Mopar/ Kicker speaker upgrade?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good find man and yeah anything that provides weight will kill those nasty vibes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avurado