dvd player any one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so for some crazy reason i would like to take the factory radio out and install some sort of dvd player so i can watch music vids or my buddies can while iam driving around.

i know know nothing about it or even what format you would have to burn the music vids to in order to watch them so any insight would be cool

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Do you have the factory touchscreen unit? If you do - all you need is a MyGig LockPick to do the trick to show DVDs in drive. If you don't have the factory touchscreen, most every aftermarket double din units now will play DVDs. Just so you know, it is considered illegal if the driver can see the screen though (whether you are watching it or not).

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
really ? iam in pa would it still be a "no no "

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Best of my knowledge it's illegal everywhere. Tinted windows makes it harder to notice.....but you didn't hear that from me ;)

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
dvd player it is if its an easy thing to do lol..... fuuk em lol

any suggestions on dvd players and formats that the music vids have to be put in ?

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
That's why they want you to use the ground wire to the e brake just ground it out an enjoy movies while driving. It is nice being lifted an tinted can't see in lol

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
right...all the laws and all you have to do is ground the wire and it will play

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
lol dont wanna spend alot just something that works for dvds and music and satellite radio

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
dvd player it is if its an easy thing to do lol..... fuuk em lol

any suggestions on dvd players and formats that the music vids have to be put in ?

As far as format, you're going to have to burn video files to a dvd in order for them to play (I use a program called Convert to DVD). I don't know of any radio that will read video files, say from an external hard drive.

I could be wrong though...

right...all the laws and all you have to do is ground the wire and it will play

Haha right. Any of the chain shops around here won't do it even if you ask them. They may tell YOU how to do it, but they won't due to the law.

lol dont wanna spend alot just something that works for dvds and music and satellite radio

Again, I'm assuming you don't have the factory touchscreen unit? If so this would be a pretty simple fix.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a clarion nz500 got it for around 500.00 I like it they make a double din version too