Empty Plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello. Does any one know what this empty plug is for? It is located on the driver's side of the spare tire. I do not have a backup camera, parking sensors or air ride. Do you know if it for one of these?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3TULYP51rG3MWc0clJwblA3Ums/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Nate

I noticed the same plug and posted recently the same question. Didn't notice your topic.

I have a 2016 Sport with backup cam and trailer brake controller but no park sensors.

Maybe it's where the park sensors plug in. I know the camera hookup is between the bed and the base of the tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Solved this one tonight. My neighbour has a 2016 Laramie Limited. I noticed he has the rear park assist sensors. No air suspension.

So I crawled under and took a peak at the same wire harness and this direct connects to his rear sensors.

My guess is they produced one wire harness assembly for the base build of the truck to reduce components and supply chains. Then as each truck was built they either put the bumper with or without the sensors and also matched it with the module at the other end of the wire harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk