EVIC reset fuel MPG out of the blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjc155

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The other day I was driving and the EVIC reset the average fuel MPG out of the blue. No way I hit the button sequence to reset it while I was driving.

Ever happen to anyone else. Not a huge deal but obviously there is a glitch or something going on just want to make sure that there is not a bigger problem.

J-

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
It's happened to me once, about a week ago.

No idea what happened, but everything else has been fine. No other anomalies.

OP
OP
J

jjc155

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's happened to me once, about a week ago.

No idea what happened, but everything else has been fine. No other anomalies.

Huh, with all the "connectivity" of these trucks, wonder if dodge can send out "updates" over the air at random times? Maybe it was something like this as mine was about a week ago too.

J-

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
That'd be a good trick with mine; stripped-down Tradesman without any of the goodies like satellite or navigation. No antennas except AM/FM, and if they've found a way to hijack that, more power to 'em. ^_^

OP
OP
J

jjc155

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That'd be a good trick with mine; stripped-down Tradesman without any of the goodies like satellite or navigation. No antennas except AM/FM, and if they've found a way to hijack that, more power to 'em. ^_^

Gotcha.

J-