Factory/Aftermarket Radio Integration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory/Aftermarket Radio Integration
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has changed their radio in their truck and has integrated the factory microphone to an aftermarket radio.
Its not an eyesore so much but having the microphone in the rearview mirror integrated into an aftermarket radio would be awesome!
Has anyone attempted this or have info on it?
I imagine it to be just testing out which wires go to behind the radio from the microphone or if there is a bluetooth module in the truck (which I dont think so).
Thanks in advance all!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Well, I have some schematics you may want to take a look at...
My 2013+ Shared Schematics and other OEM Info

Radio connector/pinout is the same on 2013-2016 trucks as well as the mirror jumper harness Connector (aka i340) behind the passenger air vent (mirror/mic harness connector).

There are also several companies that have products that let you properly integrate most of the factory options into the radio (not sure about the mics, might need to make a custom harness). See/Google:
iDataLink 'Maestro' (full vehicle settings)
Crux - example?
PAC

** There are several forum members geared towards the aftermarket radio segment who can better explain how best to accomplish what you want, if it's been done already. Just watch out for those cheap Android radios running an outdated OS.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may be able to hard wire the current mic, however aftermarket units have to have the input plugged in. Even with Maestro you can't use the factory mic.