Factory remote start install cost at dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have some warranty work (exhaust manifold bolt) coming up and I am trying to see if anyone knows what the dealership typically charges for a remote start install. I have a black crew cap, and it sure would be nice to give that thing a head start on cooling down during hot days. Would get the work done at the same time.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have some warranty work (exhaust manifold bolt) coming up and I am trying to see if anyone knows what the dealership typically charges for a remote start install. I have a black crew cap, and it sure would be nice to give that thing a head start on cooling down during hot days. Would get the work done at the same time.

I sent my vin# and information to AllPar here and he sold me a factory remote start and gave me a coupon code. Forgot how much I paid.

My remote start is getting installed tomorrow at 7am. They quoted me for 3 hours labor. I find that a bit much because the instructions are pretty simple but, I'd rather have them cover it if it has an issue down the road. Here are the prices I was quoted in Arizona. (I posted them in a thread I started a while back)

Tempe Dodge... $225

Earnhardt Dodge... $280

Chapman Scottsdale... $380

Bill Luke... $749

I'm having Earnhardt install it. They price matched Tempe.

And the one from Bill Luke was not with the parts. That was just labor. I laughed and hung up the phone.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I sent my vin# and information to AllPar here and he sold me a factory remote start and gave me a coupon code. Forgot how much I paid.

My remote start is getting installed tomorrow at 7am. They quoted me for 3 hours labor. I find that a bit much because the instructions are pretty simple but, I'd rather have them cover it if it has an issue down the road. Here are the prices I was quoted in Arizona. (I posted them in a thread I started a while back)

Tempe Dodge... $225

Earnhardt Dodge... $280

Chapman Scottsdale... $380

Bill Luke... $749

I'm having Earnhardt install it. They price matched Tempe.

And the one from Bill Luke was not with the parts. That was just labor. I laughed and hung up the phone.

I got quoted over $800 here in Ca at the dealer,and that was a maybe it could be higher.Just for remote start.
I got an alarm and remote start at a different shop bought and installed for $600

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Auto start, 2 way viper 9506 or somthing, alarm, and recording cam front n rear. 350$ installed. Toms river nj.

And I though that was pricey!

Last edited:

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Auto start, 2 way viper 9506 or somthing, alarm, and recording cam front n rear. 350$ installed. Toms river nj.

I'm moving to NJ :)

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Whats with the times on the posts? my post says 2:10 am, when it's only 10:10pm. Where does this forum originate from that's 4 hours ahead of me???

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got quoted over $800 here in Ca at the dealer,and that was a maybe it could be higher.Just for remote start.
I got an alarm and remote start at a different shop bought and installed for $600

Is that just for the install? Or is that parts included?

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm wanting to keep it clean, so no additional fobs. I will ring up the dealership and see what they say.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
You won't have any additional on your key set, just two new ones, keep old one's in the house. The remote starts replace factory fobs. They hook the new fobs up to work just like original fobs so you can eliminate old ones.

Last edited:

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What shop was this done at?

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You won't have any additional on your key set, just two new ones, keep old one's in the house. The remote starts replace factory fobs. They hook the new fobs up to work just like original fobs so you can eliminate old ones.

I meant in regards to going the viper route.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Is that just for the install? Or is that parts included?

dealership was install only,reckoned it was $120 an hour and could be there for at least 8hrs

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You had to get new fobs for that system? I'd drive to Toms river fit that.