few questions about the stock alpine 10 speaker system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the flash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
first what is the rms output of the stock alpine woofer amp?
second, i read and tried the fiberfill mod on the stock 8" woofer, I think it helped some nut not enough. I ended up buying the 8" pioneer shallow mount woofer. do I need to take the fiberfill out or should I leave it in with the pioneer woofer?

sandygar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 dodge ram 1500
Engine
hemi 5.7
I too have a technical question about the Alpine system. I have a 2017 Ram, does anyone know the crossover points for the front dash speakers, door speakers, and sub. Thanks in advance.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm going to be doing speaker replacements on my 2017 Rebel tomorrow night. The speakers are waiting and have been for a few weeks. I had to get a 8.4 issue taken care of (an error) and the dealer fixed it.

From everything I've read switching out the 3 dash speakers, 2 rear door speakers and 8" shallow sub really assists bringing this system alive. I am not going to be adding any amps or anything (yet).

I bought some poly/fiber fill off of Amazon and will be using it when I switch out the sub tomorrow night. I bought all the correct adapters so it should be a pretty easy switchover.

Leave the fiberfill in with the Pioneer. One thing about the Pioneer from what I've read...is that it takes a few days/week to break in a bit. Give it some time. Simply adding a different subwoofer isn't going to bring out booming bass. If you want a ton more bass you'll need a larger woofer and separate amp. What I have read is that the Pionner 8" on the stock Alpine system amp is a nice upgrade...not huge...but noticable.

Here is the thread that I started with...

http://www.ramforum.com/f51/alpine_8_4an_dash_speaker_oem_subwoofer_upgrade-_15_2500_cc-63195/

I'll be posting up my thoughts and some pics tomorrow night after I get done with the install of the new speakers.

OP
OP
T

the flash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
what is the rms power output of the stock alpine woofer amp?

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I want to say 50 watts...but don't quote me on that...its not much.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i dont even want to say its 50. keep in mind though the stock alpine amp is NOTHING like an aftermarket. its set and thats it.

all polyfill will do is make it play like its in a larger box. alot of the slim subs need extremely little airspace so it may not be necessary. you can always do the old trick of filling the stock sub box with packaging eanuts, then dumping it into a box you can measure and easily figure out the airspace.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you can always do the old trick of filling the stock sub box with packaging eanuts, then dumping it into a box you can measure and easily figure out the airspace.

I've found using water is the best solution. Just toss the stock sub and enclosure into the largest body of water you can find and replace it with a Net Audio box.

:naughty:

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I've found using water is the best solution. Just toss the stock sub and enclosure into the largest body of water you can find and replace it with a Net Audio box.

:naughty:

HAHAHA....best advice EVER!!!