fiberglass sugestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Never fiberglassed before, but i am thinking of sealing up my 1 -10 driverside fox box...cant stand the huffing coming out of the, obviously too small port on certain frequencies.. i am going to just try stuffing a sock in first to see how it sounds... but i was thinking if i am going to seal it i should pull off the stupid plastic bottom and use as a mold to make a fiberglassed bottom... i would assume this would increase the sound quality... any sugestions on fiber kits?? Also how difficult is it to do?? Thanks

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is it the factory enclosure or what?

if factory i would be leary about changing it as believe it or not its tuned for the sub.

now if its aftermarket you may be better off just making or buying a new sealed box that is to the specs of the sub

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
stuffing the vent with egg crate foam will silence your vent noise

OP
OP
clays laramie

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I will try the egg crate stuff. Ethier way i bet a fiber bottom will sound better... my real question is can i use boat repair kits? Or do i need something special..??

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Boat repair kits will work. I prefer a quality resin though and I'm only buying US Composite resin these days for fiberglass after using the Bondo repair brand for a short time.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sorry when i first posted i didnt see the part that it was a foxbox.

the biggest downfall to this is the port will take up airspace from the sub.

i also agree to us composites. believe it or not resign has a shelf life and the stuff you get at home depot is usually at the end of its life since not a lot of it gets sold alot.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a heads up. I've had emails back and fourth with the guy who makes the fox boxes and inquired why a sealed version was not available. His reply was that they never had any luck sealing those enclosures with sound quality.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that's a horrible answer as it seems they would want both options, but I guess if they are trying to sell type r subs or whatever they are recommending now it makes sense.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that's a horrible answer as it seems they would want both options, but I guess if they are trying to sell type r subs or whatever they are recommending now it makes sense.

I thought so also but it didn't stop me from buying an enclosure from them....so I guess it worked ;). But where is that box now....collecting dust in the basement.

OP
OP
clays laramie

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Ya after using a sock for a bit i agree, sealed isnt better... im gonna try the egg cart foam.. im still gonna try to make a fiber bottom though when i get time....didnt notice that they were plastic when i ordered it.

OP
OP
clays laramie

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
DO you mean attatching it to the sides of the vent?? Glue?? Or just roll it up and push it in.. Autokraftgt