Firewall Pass Through???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was wondering if anyone had a good spot to pass a bundle of wires from the center console through the firewall? Under the hood, there is a odd shaped plastic cover on the firewall but no idea what this is. I need about a quarter size hole. Would prefer not to drill as my luck I would hit the main wire bundle.

:shrug:

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Cannot speak for a 2013 but I know in 2007, I have a main wire bundle going in to the cab down by the brake pedal. It has a rubber boot on both sides and I just undo the electrical tape, run my wires through and retape it again.

No drilling needed, just a pain as the rubber boot is difficult to open up.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
That plastic cover is what most of us use for large cable bundles; it's just a cover over a hole in the firewall, don't know what its intended purpose was but I have a 3/4" hole drilled in mine for my 1/0 power cable with a 1/4" hole lower for smaller bundles.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How big of bundle? If you look from your engine bay, there should be a rubber nipple sticking out -- near the main firewall harness. Cut the nipple.

Asur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
How big of bundle? If you look from your engine bay, there should be a rubber nipple sticking out -- near the main firewall harness. Cut the nipple.

under cable harness that enters the Firewall rubber boot there is a nipple, it can stretch a bit also, if you cut off the nipple you can pass wires there.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Its the clutch plate delete or something like that. Its for the trucks that have manual transmission. You can drill through that.

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Its the clutch plate delete or something like that. Its for the trucks that have manual transmission. You can drill through that.

What he said.The clutch rod delete plate is your best bet.It comes out with 2 bolts and its easy to get to on both sides.I know I used it to run wires for my cb linear through there.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I removed the clutch delete plate, drilled, and put a 90º PVC conduit fitting on the plate, and reinstalled it. It gives me an easy way to shove wires through there as I need to.

I haven't done it yet, but I was thinking of using either a split rubber plug or even a ball of electrical sealant clay to seal the opening on the engine compartment side around the wires.

Ray

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye