First sub set up in a dodge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys wanted to share my sub setup with you. Ive had it in for about a month now but just getting around to sharing a few pics of it. Only final product i didnt do the install pictures to show you but was all normal and nothing you probably havent seen before :)

I decided on 2 12" powersbass subs, S12T. Think they were around $70 a piece or so. First time ever using a powerbass product but so far I'm pleased with them. They are 300 watts rms, 600 peak so they are plenty for me. The box is a Atrend BBox i orded directly from atrend USA and i think that was around $150 and is an excellent box. Fit perfect and sealed very well.
photo+1(1).jpg

The amp i chose is the Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp. I like alpine amps because they are great on rated power. The certificate with this amp was like 547 watts total power. I ran the 2 subs parallel since they are dual 4 ohm to get the 2 ohm power so each has roughly 273 watts to each sub. Stuck the amp underneath my rear driver side seat so that it is completely hidden. Simply pulled the seat out screwed it down and put the seat back in. Faced all my setting towards front for adjusting.
photo+3.jpg

Last I installed the Alpine RUX-Knob for remote bass control. Simply plugs right into the amp and i can control the level of bass. I did this because I have 2 children. My oldest is 5 who loves jamming out with me but the other is 8 months and its a bit much for him :) I installed it on the side of my center console driver side for easy access but unless you look for it you wont see it. The box for the knob is on the inside of the console only the knob can be seen. just drilled about a 1/8" hole that can be easily remedied for when i take it out to buy a new truck if I choose to do so.
photo+4.jpg
photo+5.jpg

Well thats it for now. All door speakers and stuff are still stock as of right now. Not wanting to put too much money into because if the new 2015 dodge ram rebel really hits dealerships this fall I may not be keeping this truck too long :)

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Looks nice but keep in mind, you can take all your gear to the new truck as well :D