Fix for homelink not transmitting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was just wondering if anyone in the know , knows if a fix was found for home link not transmitting intermittently, basically when one presses any of the three buttons nothing shows on EVIC, usually fixed after restart of truck until next occurrence​.

Cheers.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope. My 2017 just did it this morning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Just to clarify. Sometimes when i press any of the three buttons nothing is displayed on evic thus nothing transmits. Nothing to do with programming or such.

I had the complete overhead console inc homelink and buttons all replaced. Still same issue on my 2015.

It was like this from new.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

jimmerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had similar issues, on occasion, with my 2014 Big Horn. I've had my 2017 Big Horn almost 2 months and it's happened twice. Typically when I turn off the engine and restart it works...

HOTRODRO72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed an OEM back up camera and I might have shorted something out, now the homelink, compass and automatic lights are not working. Checked all the fuses I could find, all are good. Any suggestions other than taking it to the dealership?

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had similar issues, on occasion, with my 2014 Big Horn. I've had my 2017 Big Horn almost 2 months and it's happened twice. Typically when I turn off the engine and restart it works...

Mines still hasn't changed. Works when it only when it wants to . Shut down and restart truck makes it work again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine keeps burning up the Homelink module? Replaced it twice, power and ground only and power, ground and Canbus all connected, same result? I just gave up and use the key fob.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New issue on my home link now, pressing key one does indeed show "transmitting" but no longer actually opens the garage door number 1 anymore.

Unlike the original issue whereby it wouldn't acknowledge my key press , meaning if I pressed the button the evic would show nothing .

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
New issue on my home link now, pressing key one does indeed show "transmitting" but no longer actually opens the garage door number 1 anymore.

Unlike the original issue whereby it wouldn't acknowledge my key press , meaning if I pressed the button the evic would show nothing .

My new 2018 Big Horn will not "learn" my garage door opener. I follow the directions, get "Training Channel 1" on the dash display, followed by "Did Not Learn". Clearing all channels and starting anew gives me the same result.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My new 2018 Big Horn will not "learn" my garage door opener. I follow the directions, get "Training Channel 1" on the dash display, followed by "Did Not Learn". Clearing all channels and starting anew gives me the same result.

How old is your garage door opener??? If it newer then you probably have a rolling code and that has different instructions then the old single code openers. Lots of people run into that problem.

For programming garage door openers that were manu- factured after 1995. These garage door openers can be identified by the “LEARN” or “TRAIN” button located where the hanging antenna is attached to the garage door opener. It is NOT the button that is normally used to open and close the door. The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.

IMG_0078.PNG

Last edited:

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
How old is your garage door opener??? If it newer then you probably have a rolling code and that has different instructions then the old single code openers. Lots of people run into that problem.

For programming garage door openers that were manu- factured after 1995. These garage door openers can be identified by the “LEARN” or “TRAIN” button located where the hanging antenna is attached to the garage door opener. It is NOT the button that is normally used to open and close the door. The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.

View attachment 129154
Manufactured in 1995, does not have the rolling code. Even if it did have the rolling code a necessary first step is to complete the training portion, which my new truck cannot accomplish.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Manufactured in 1995, does not have the rolling code. Even if it did have the rolling code a necessary first step is to complete the training portion, which my new truck cannot accomplish.

Is it the original remote that your using to train??? I've read where some people have had trouble with aftermarket remotes and not being able to use them to train the homelink.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Is it the original remote that your using to train??? I've read where some people have had trouble with aftermarket remotes and not being able to use them to train the homelink.

Yep, original remote. Opens the garage door from over 50 feet away, plus my son programmed the GDO button in his Acura with the same remote about a month ago, so I don't think it is the GDO remote's battery. I'm going to call the 800# at the end of this video.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
So I tried to program my Homelink button again to operate the garage door opener. I first cleared the channels by holding down buttons 1 and 3 until the message "Channels Cleared" showed up in the EVIC (center area of dash panel). I then followed the instructions and went through the same procedure I have tried at least 8 or 10 times previously. Once again, I got the same result--"Did Not Learn".

I call the 800# at the end of the YouTube video. I finally get to a human and he walks me through the same steps yet again. I guess I'll humor the poor fellow, he's only doing his job.

Clear the channels. Hold the GDO remote a couple inches from the HomeLink buttons in the overhead console, simultaneously press Button #1 and the GDO remote button.

"Do you see the message, Channel 1 training, in the EVIC?", he asks.

"Yes, yes I do", I reply. "Just like I have seen it 10 other times. I don't see why....hang on....now it says Channel 1 Trained!"

"OK, good", he says. "Try pressing button #1 on the overhead console and tell me what is happening with the garage door."

"OK, pressing it now. The garage door is going up."

Dumbfounded that it works.

<what kind of sorcery was that?>

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I tried to program my Homelink button again to operate the garage door opener. I first cleared the channels by holding down buttons 1 and 3 until the message "Channels Cleared" showed up in the EVIC (center area of dash panel). I then followed the instructions and went through the same procedure I have tried at least 8 or 10 times previously. Once again, I got the same result--"Did Not Learn".

I call the 800# at the end of the YouTube video. I finally get to a human and he walks me through the same steps yet again. I guess I'll humor the poor fellow, he's only doing his job.

Clear the channels. Hold the GDO remote a couple inches from the HomeLink buttons in the overhead console, simultaneously press Button #1 and the GDO remote button.

"Do you see the message, Channel 1 training, in the EVIC?", he asks.

"Yes, yes I do", I reply. "Just like I have seen it 10 other times. I don't see why....hang on....now it says Channel 1 Trained!"

"OK, good", he says. "Try pressing button #1 on the overhead console and tell me what is happening with the garage door."

"OK, pressing it now. The garage door is going up."

Dumbfounded that it works.

<what kind of sorcery was that?>

Hahaha, happens all the time with me.... try something a million times, call tech support and then all the sudden it works just fine!!!

Emmy76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What type of bulb are you using on your garage door opener?
LED bulbs do interfere with frequencies.