Fog light connector? 2016 Tradesman 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coneslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Just picked up 2016 Tradesman 2500 6.4L Hemi. Of course no fog lights. Looks like need to get bumper, fog brackets, lights and some pigtails, along with the headlamp switch. When looking, under the drivers side front bumper near the fog lamp hole in frame, I see this plug. Is this my plug to use for factory fog lamps? I cant believe you cannot order this option without going to an SLT package. Seems pretty straightforward, replace the bumper and switch, put in the lamps and wiring and have the code flashed by dealer.
Anyways, was wondering if anyone knew if this was the plug?

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 663
OP
OP
C

coneslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Thanks I found the two wires, white orange and white yellow that are I think in the slots he showed. Nothing on the load side, wires on the feed side. Got the switch in, will get it programmed and double check to make sure voltage shows up when I push in the fog.
I have everything except the bumper at this point. I am assuming the pins on the fog wire harness are the same that go in the big molex to pins 23/24, but female instead of male. So will see if dealer can locate the pins themselves if available. Or Autozone or something like that. If i find a part number I will post it.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Here is the thread from 1500ram12 that helped me

Adding foglights to 2013+ tradesman/slt - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thanks I found the two wires, white orange and white yellow that are I think in the slots he showed. Nothing on the load side, wires on the feed side. Got the switch in, will get it programmed and double check to make sure voltage shows up when I push in the fog.
I have everything except the bumper at this point. I am assuming the pins on the fog wire harness are the same that go in the big molex to pins 23/24, but female instead of male. So will see if dealer can locate the pins themselves if available. Or Autozone or something like that. If i find a part number I will post it.

I added part number info for the connector and pins to 1500Ram12's thread (post 42).

Nexus Electronics can get them for you cheaper than the dealer.

Last edited:

Kevin Workman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up 2016 Tradesman 2500 6.4L Hemi. Of course no fog lights. Looks like need to get bumper, fog brackets, lights and some pigtails, along with the headlamp switch. When looking, under the drivers side front bumper near the fog lamp hole in frame, I see this plug. Is this my plug to use for factory fog lamps? I cant believe you cannot order this option without going to an SLT package. Seems pretty straightforward, replace the bumper and switch, put in the lamps and wiring and have the code flashed by dealer.
Anyways, was wondering if anyone knew if this was the plug?

Kevin Workman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is not the plug. You have to have a extension harness that goes from the fog light plug to the fuse box. I am looking for one myself. Some one one here sells them but I can’t seem to find him back. Don’t call the dealer because they want to sell your the whole harness and they are 1300.00. You can make your own which is what I’m going to have to do I think. Another guy posted a parts list to build your own but I haven’t found the thread back as of yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963