Foggy/blurry back up cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
well after saturday working on the truck for mods. My camera is working now. Only thing I did was disconnect the 3 plugs down by my left foot near the e brake pedal which made no power in the cab. It ended up resetting the time and audio setting on the radio and the camera work. Who knows for how long. Its even more weird because I popped the tailgate open and pulled and disconnected the camera at the handle and had the same picture.

So I'm thinking its not the camera and it might be the radio. I have the RBZ mygig.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Just some input...I'm at a RAM dealership as I'm typing this for cloudiness/corrosion/moisture in the camera lens. I have the max care warranty and they tried​ to tell me it wasn't covered because it's "rust/corrosion". No, it's a bad seal, something you guys may have caused when you had to repair my tailgate for rust spots that appeared before the truck was even a year old!

Long story short, I got the warranty replacement. It's principle more than anything... Probably would have cost me not much more than my deductible but they told me $139/hr for "diagnostics" to which I replied, "Walk to the back of the truck, look at the camera, see the white corrosion...How much is 1 minute at $139 per hour? About $2.33?"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk