Fold in mirror not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 17 ram sport and today my passenger mirror won't fold in. The power mirror portion works fine and I don't want to go to the dealership. I have a intake, powersteps, HID lows and led high's and fog's and don't want to hear any crap from them.

Any suggestions?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what exactly does it do when you push the button? It may have been pushed in manually and taking it out of "sync" Ive seen this dozens of times on the lot, usually using the button to fold the working mirror in, then manually pushing the non working side will force the gear to the right position. then when you push the button to unfold they should both swing out. This would only stand a chance to work if you push the button to fold and you hear the mechanism in the mirror trying to work.

Works 96% of the time on Fords, I havent tried on a ram yet. I take no responsibility from this.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ What he said. It's happened to me before. Other than that the dealer isn't going to give you crap for that stuff... just take it to them.

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Happened on my driver's side once. I hit the button till the passenger side closed, then held the drivers side closed by hand and hit the button... heard a few clicks and it re-set.

Did this and works fine now. Thanks!!