Front view bumper / grill camera installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed the other day I could almost fit an entire car in my hood blind spot, and worried about what else I might miss in that blind spot (kids). Also, I went to the lake recently and when I would drive through rocks/stumps, I'd pretty much cross my finger that I was missing them. So, I grabbed THIS CAMERA, THIS DISPLAY and THESE switches; and gave myself a low cost front view camera. I gained 20 feet worth of site line.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I installed the camera (with outdoor mounting tape) on my grill - removing a small portion of the black plastic grill.

attachment.php

Then I ran the camera wiring along the quarter panel behind the battery, through the door jam where I found an unused entry area in my door jam to enter the cab. I then ran the wires up and over the big metal shield above my foot pedals. Once past my pedals, I ran the wiring up high behind my stereo and even wrapped and zip tied it to a piece of plastic behind my stereo so it won't slack and fall on my feet while driving. There is a hole above that small storage compartment below the stereo, which I used to run the monitor cables. I tied the power (camera and monitor) into a switch which uses the power and the ground from the DC charger in the big center compartment. I have a phone holder on the side of my console, so the display never has a chance of falling forward (towards the console). But, for those who don't have anything there, I'm sure a little Velcro strips would hold it against your dash. Since mine is loose, it's easy to move it a couple inches forward if I need to access the AUX panel behind it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 742
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,413
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 666
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 670
OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mounted the switch next to the DC outlet in the console.

Attachments

• 20151012_074238.jpg
    20151012_074238.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The lock pick will integrate the camera into your factory screen.

For what price though. I was up and running for $59.00. And, if you consider $21.00 of that would still be needed with lock pick. I was up and running for $38 compared to lockpick setup at....? And, (I don't know this), does it work with a 5.0 screen?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For what price though. I was up and running for $59.00. And, if you consider $21.00 of that would still be needed with lock pick. I was up and running for $38 compared to lockpick setup at....? And, (I don't know this), does it work with a 5.0 screen?

I have no idea on any of those questions lol... when I bought my truck it came with the lockpick and the cameras.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I too would like to know if a lock pick would allow me to install a front camera and a CHSML cargo 3rd light cam with the RA2 5.0?
Anyone know this ?

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I too would like to know if a lock pick would allow me to install a front camera and a CHSML cargo 3rd light cam with the RA2 5.0?
Anyone know this ?

With Customtronix software you can have three cameras;
Front, tailgate and Cargo (CHMSL)
Under Dash | Customtronix

With the lockpick you can have up to five cameras
Front, Tailgate, Cargo, Left turn signal and Right turn sgnal.
http://www.ramforum.com/f75/turn_signal_camera_install-64870/

RLK did you not buy some of the parts for the 8.4 conversion, go ahead get the rest and just install an 8.4AN you will be glad you did. Then you can hook up all the cams you want.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was hoping you Sir would chime in , thank you !
So no customtronics harness required for the RA4 8.4 Then .

I have everything less shark fin antenna and the 8.4" radio .

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I was hopi G you Sir would chime in , thank you !
So no customtronics harness required for the RA4 8.4 Then .

I have everything less shark fin antenna and the 8.4" radio .
See post 52 (or links post 10) in cptwing's OEM camera kit thread for details on the 3 available video inputs on the 8.4AN when used with the CustomTronix unlock...

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=980192

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.