Full range to front doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mgmlot93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a full range signal to the front doors with the Alpine system?

OP
OP
M

Mgmlot93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I replaced all the speakers and I am adding a 1500w amp and Fox box with two 12's. I was just hoping to get all the speakers playing full range.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You would have to add a summing unit and amps to accomplish that. You would also need to make sure that the speakers being used are full range as well.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Running all speakers full range will not get you the best sound IMO...specifically the front dash speakers...I can't remember if Alpine/Ram has the dash speakers running full range or not. Asking a small 3-4" speaker to play lower frequencies WHILE having to reproduce the mid-to-high frequencies is a lot to ask a small speaker especially at higher volumes.
Playing the low frequencies will compromise the speakers ability to do its main job....playing the med- high frequencies. That's why crossing over speakers to keep them in their comfort zone is so important and productive.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely suggest a summing unit. I went with an audio control piece/

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PAC sells a piece to get you a clean signal to the amps. From there cut the speaker outputs from the factory amplifier and run speed wire from the cut wires to your amp. Boom full range.

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a full range signal to the front doors with the Alpine system?

The tweeters associated with the front door woofers are in the headliner above the front seat headrests.

rgardjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
PAC sells a piece to get you a clean signal to the amps. From there cut the speaker outputs from the factory amplifier and run speed wire from the cut wires to your amp. Boom full range.

Here is a link to the PAC piece.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen anyone around here install one of these yet. Seems like the holy grail for anyone wanted to upgrade speakers and add amps while keeping the factory head unit.