Good and bad day today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Got some work done on my new (to me) 2013 RCSB today. I replaced all six speakers with Infinity speakers from Crutchfield and installed a Kicker Hideaway subwoofer. Bad news is, the Infinity's sound like crap and the Kicker cuts off intermittently for no apparent reason (all dials set to lowest setting).

While fiddling around I found a small folder with records on the truck that I had failed to notice before. Some of the forms included the previous owner's name. I tend to be a bit of a worry wart when it comes to my vehicles and there is always a bit of concern about how a vehicle was treated before I bought it. Turns out this one belonged to a young lady who was attending medical school and is now a resident Dr! It's a one owner and I'm very happy to see that the clean nature of the truck wasn't 100% due to the dealership cleaning it up. It looks and drives like new so I think I can relax a bit....once I get some decent speakers put in the thing lol.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear about the speakers, but great news about the previous owner. It's always good to know that the previous owner took good care of the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyGallup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish I had same luck. Previous owner of mine sold steroids to kids!

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
what speakers did you buy from crutchfield? Model #'s
Did you get the Metra harness also?

as far as second owners of vehicles, I get worries also. Not everyone takes care of things.

I am the first owner of my truck so I dont have to worry about things to find....lol

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
what speakers did you buy from crutchfield? Model #'s
Did you get the Metra harness also?

Front speakers are: Infinity Reference REF-3022cfx
Doors & rears are: Infinity Reference REF-5022cfx

They sent the wiring adapters for the speakers so there was no cutting or splicing but if a Metra harness is something else I didn't get it.

I did splice into the left & right rear speakers for the Kicker Hideaway which cuts off and on intermittently.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Front speakers are: Infinity Reference REF-3022cfx
Doors & rears are: Infinity Reference REF-5022cfx

They sent the wiring adapters for the speakers so there was no cutting or splicing but if a Metra harness is something else I didn't get it.

I did splice into the left & right rear speakers for the Kicker Hideaway which cuts off and on intermittently.

How did you tie into the speaker wires for the sub? Is one of the connections loose?