GPS Nav Entry While Driving.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duval

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does Anyone Know How To Over Ride The GPS NAVs In The 2014 Ram Sports? I Hate That When I Have To Put In An Address I Have To Pull Over And Be In Park In Order To Enter My Destination Address.....Does Anyone Know Of A Way To Make It So I Can Enter Addresses While Driving?
Thanks

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 this is a bother for me too!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Lock pic if its available for the 8.4 screens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Yes lockpick by coastal tech is available for the 8.4 for sale on the oemnav website also available is rax jailbreak from customtronix website out of Sweeden. Neither product is cheap though. Also the prices listed for rax jailbreak are shown higher than they actually are. The real prices are shown only after you create an account. Both products are available in different flavors for different prices.

Last edited:

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should have the voice entry like my 13 Lone Star with the 8.4 had where you can just say the address.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The voice entry sucks. Uconnect is terrible. It rarely picks up what I say whether it's a text or destination. And it really makes no sense that you can do some things while driving such as change settings and numerous other things but you can't type an address in or view a text message!?

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine works good off voice commands, that's all I use. Make sure you speak towards the mirror.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yeah mine works well off the voice thing too. I just talk normally and it works! What posses me off is trying to reply to a text and I can only use their already created messages!

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah mine works well off the voice thing too. I just talk normally and it works! What posses me off is trying to reply to a text and I can only use their already created messages!

I don't have that problem with texting. I just renewed the uconnect subscription., which lets you text what you want. You guys up north don't have the option?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I don't have that problem with texting. I just renewed the uconnect subscription., which lets you text what you want. You guys up north don't have the option?
I don't believe so. Hmm, maybe I'll talk to my dealer

joel29m

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah the uconnect is pretty good at responding to my voice.

nrsource19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Yes lockpick by coastal tech is available for the 8.4 for sale on the oemnav website also available is rax jailbreak from customtronix website out of Sweeden. Neither product is cheap though. Also the prices listed for rax jailbreak are shown higher than they actually are. The real prices are shown only after you create an account. Both products are available in different flavors for different prices.

For simple screen Unlock, Crux VIMCF-93C is an economical solution:
CRUX Interfacing Solutions ::: VIMCF-93C

For wired mirroring (unblocks all apps on iPhone) and screen unlock, Crux AVICH-03:
CRUX Interfacing Solutions ::: AVICH-03

For wireless mirroring and unlock, Crux WVICH-03:
CRUX Interfacing Solutions ::: WVICH-03

All above are available at www.iCarKits.com - The experts in iPod and iPhone car integration.

yates ™

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
How does the crux compare to lockpick? Really wanting to order one of these soon.