Ground in the bed . . . for CB antenna.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevinsayers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi all. Quick question.

Installing a cb mount antenna on a toolbox in the bed . . . high SWR, so I need to ground the antenna mount . . .

Any ideas or advice on how and where to run this ground? I have a ground strap, but it's pretty short . . . Thanks for the help.

scotts2012ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I grounded the tool box to the bed if your tool box is metal it will ground thought it that's how I did my. I have perfect swr

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ground antenna to toolbox. Tool box to bed. Bed to frame. Frame to exhaust. Best way.

While one long ground strap is fine, several short ones will do the trick nicely.

Dieselhorses

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 cid
Ground antenna to toolbox. Tool box to bed. Bed to frame. Frame to exhaust. Best way.

While one long ground strap is fine, several short ones will do the trick nicely.

I know this is old thread but exactly what my issue is. I'm using #8 copper with copper lugs on each end to ground from antenna mount to chassis. Antenna mounted to toolbox, toolbox mounted to bed (makes contact via bolts on each side contacting underside of bed rails). Anyway my SWR's are high so gonna try what you mentioned. I'm running President Walker II with Wilson
IMG_7285.JPG IMG_7295.JPG