Hacking UConnect update data

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Awesome, I toyed with the idea of using the USB swap after verification, but didn't have the balls to do it.

I have earlier firmware builds if you need a previous version. I also know of a firmware build with updated NAV data included, but I'd need to ask before sharing it.

One idea some of us toyed around with was getting our hands on the latest NAV data (updates mailed out are VIN and/or radio specific) and placing that data into a modified firmware update.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, I toyed with the idea of using the USB swap after verification, but didn't have the balls to do it.

I have earlier firmware builds if you need a previous version. I also know of a firmware build with updated NAV data included, but I'd need to ask before sharing it.

One idea some of us toyed around with was getting our hands on the latest NAV data (updates mailed out are VIN and/or radio specific) and placing that data into a modified firmware update.

This stuff is way over my head but I updated my maps in my 14 RA4 and I still have the USB stick with the map updates. It is Vin specific and also has a code you need to type in to activate it. If one of you wants to try to figure out how to load it into another radio I would be glad to donate it to the cause.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This stuff is way over my head but I updated my maps in my 14 RA4 and I still have the USB stick with the map updates. It is Vin specific and also has a code you need to type in to activate it. If one of you wants to try to figure out how to load it into another radio I would be glad to donate it to the cause.
The OP has a better skill set than me. I'd be cave manning it.

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
I'd be real surprised if the package were not digitally signed or at the very least protected with a checksum. Very interested to hear the outcome of an install after modifications.